Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dublin bus and travel pass question

Options
  • 29-06-2022 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Sorry but I've never used Dublin bus before so this may all seem straight forward to many of you and bit daft

I've visual impairment so question is just for putting my head to rest

I use the Luas, and it's heaven as I can carry my PPS card with my details and just produce it if I'm asked.

Trains require bookings and automation at the gates whilst bus eireann have a box at drivers seat and you just tell them where you are going and press the card against it

So how does it work with Dublin bus??

PS not from Dublin either. No big deal once get used to it I will be ok

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

Get on and scan the psc card off the leap card validator on the right hand side. Hope that helps I'm sure the driver will be able to assist if visually impaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭POBox19

There's a card reader just inside the door on the right. Just touch the card to it until it beeps. If it doesn't work just show the card to the driver. Should be no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aboat

Cool thanks.

And then do I have to give a destination for where I'm going or is it just automatically picked up as free travel (i honestly won't have a clue where I'm going)

Class

Lastly what's the announcement system on board for telling you where you're at like "next stop" on trains???

• Advertisement

Yes Dublin Bus has next stop annoucements but they don't always correlate to the place you actually want to go. The driver should be able to give you a shout on the intercom if you ask nicely.

Thanks guys

Advertisement