Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is it with some girls and too much plastic surgery?

Options
  • 27-06-2022 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

I wouldn't necessarily say it's an epidemic but really, what gives?

Not necessarily referring to the Kim Kardashian type cause yeah, lifestyles of the rich and famous, I suppose they have a certain level of impunity when it comes to that wacko behaviour.

I'm talking about your every day, high street shopping, mall walking, disco hopping, good-girl-gone-bad.

Just WAAAAAY OTT with the surgical enhancements.

Again, some surgical enhancements can work wonders where they're medically or aesthetically valid.

But someone who looks normal enough going in, comes out the other side looking like they had a botox party with the seven dwarves.

Maybe it's a new trend I haven't quite caught onto yet but, being conventional aside, any explicable reason for such behaviour?

In physics we trust....

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The lips thing is very very odd. It's quite sad really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Some chicks could do with it let’s be honest. Synthetic hair is another bugbear

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭RossGeller

It's called Body Dysmorphic Disorder. It's classified as a mental illness and is usually treated with anti-depressants and therapy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

Idk I haven't seen anything extreme in RL but I don't live in the city so maybe I miss it, I remember seeing a girl with mad lips, couldn't stop looking at her because they were just ridiculous. But botox, boob jobs and nose jobs are quite common. Think it's the fillers, lips and butt jobs that can rly be extreme.

Though kim k normalised curves and a bum which is great (before her surgeries), she, her family, influencers and filters have led to a rise in cosmetic surgery in others. The standards now are insane.

It's lead to body dysmorphia, eating disorders and low self esteem. It was hard enough looking and comparing yourself to models bk in my day in magazines, now the younger generation have social media and filters to compare themselves to, I'd hate to be young growing up around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Bring em on!

The more fish lips, the more fleshed out curve and big boobies ,the merrier.

• Advertisement

Lip reduction is a also thing now. I don’t know if a reverse procedure or what but liposuction anyone?..yea

• Registered Users Posts: 19,959 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Slavoj Zizek talks about something like this. He talks about coke being a drink that really demonstrates the fact that it serves no purpose and sells you a little dream about yourself. It doesn't taste really good, doesn't quench your thirst and you can't really get enough.

Likewise, the huge lips and fillers and fake boobs are much more about an image of attractiveness than actually attractive. Everyone knows that natura, full lips, are attractive on a woman. But nobody seriousy thinks the huge, obviously fake, lips are attractive. It's an allusion to attractiveness, robbed of the actual quality that makes full lips attractive. Same with obviously fake boobs and fillers and hair extensions.

With that said, there are probably loads of people who get a little bit of work done tastefully and you'd never know it was fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Worked with a girl who used to get the lips done every so often…

it looked ridiculous. On one occasion.. I dunno if it was an allergic reaction or an element of the procedure went wrong but the lips were super swelled to the point it was difficult understanding her talking. Looked like an absolute freak and sounded dreadful .

the manager got fed up during a meeting when about 5 times she had to be asked to repeat herself….and told her privately I believe that seeing as communication with others.. colleagues, contractors and clients was part of her job, if she came to work unable to fulfil those responsibilities it would become a disciplinary matter…

never got em done again, the weird thing was she was a good looking girl, with normal lips so there had to be some psychological issues at play….

spend X to look worse.

I think sometimes there's greater pressures on good looking women, being told they're good looking and feeling like they have to constantly live up to it, feeling like they have to up the game etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

What once was normal is no longer normal. The normal is filling your body with chemicals and implants. Covering your skin with tattoos and thinking you're a different gender, or species or some other nonsense. The bee sting lips is just ridiculously common now. So unnatural and cringey.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Like this?

Or bigger?

I get some girls want to project the "sex doll" image but honestly, cases like this are pretty grim.

I actually saw a girl like that one day also and really I don't mean to sound mean but, I literally had to hold myself back from yelling something like,

"Hey!! Keep it in the circus!!".

In physics we trust....

Yep something like that, and don't get me started on the duck face pics 🙄

I actually had to google-image that.

This is what I'm having difficulty understanding.

Sex appeal is one thing but I look at a pic like that and can't help but think,

"Good Lord sweetie. Lip filler? Nah....... looks like you were trying to fellate a bee hive!".

I'm sorry but that, and "sexy" can not be used in the same sentence.

In physics we trust....

Balboatox 🥴

Oh. I disagree. She’s really hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Plastico fantastico. I remember I met a guy off the dating site, he wanted to buy me fake boobs and long nails, we hit it off really well

Being a curious mind, I had to look into how they get it done.

"Collagen" can be used, but apparently it's less common.

Hyaluronic acid is conventionally the go to at the moment.

But apparently for long lasting results, some girls will actually transfer fat from another part of their body (typically their buttocks) into their lips.

To me that has got to be thee most bizarre method, if for no other reason than it literally means they're putting their ass on their face.

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Whether you like your face or not the different parts of it are more or less in proportion with each other. So when you enhance one aspect it may look better as a standalone feature but look ridiculous in the overall context of your face and this is particularly true of lips. You'll get noticed but for all the wrong reasons.

Your mom gives. All the time. Outside the mall.

• Advertisement

I also like the lizard scale tattoos and the horn implants on the forehead. That’s a nice thoughtful gift to offer a girlfriend.

Over compensation?

Like if a gal has a skinny ass or body, she might try and make up for it with freakish'ly huge breasts?

Or a gaunt skinny face, she'll go OTT with the lip filler?

Then of course being underweight like that may be caused some kind of affective disorder, which probably causes the excessive plastic surgeries also.

/bro-science.

In physics we trust....

Though to be honest, I've seen too many girls that use deep wrist scares and dead eyes to convey their years of poor life decisions.

If they're going to mutilate themselves to facilitate emotional "depolarization", or that's the only way they can find to emotionally express themselves.... ?

I guess fillers and surgery is as good a way as any.

And plastering themselves with gaudy tattoo's.

Good a way as any?

🤷‍♀️

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

The lips particularly look ridiculous. They are purely made for 2D pictures on Instagram. When you see them in real life they are ridiculous.

A bigger issue is blackfishing. Women are trying to look racially ambiguous our even black.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Pretty much the same as anything fashion, completely un-needed, promoted by those who gain from it, and makes women look way worse. Age with grace ladies. I do think less of someone if they go to such lengths to be part of the stereotypical look. I also think less of men who wear skinny jeans though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I find it quite useful. This way you don’t even have to speak to them to identify their insecurities.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭amacca

I'd have asked him for the cash and tell him you have your own surgeon!!!.....then disappear off on holiday with your ill gotten gains.

That would have been a great idea in theory, obv stopped talking to him aftr trying to turn me into a sex doll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭amacca

Didn't realise that was a big thing, on an unrelated note or perhaps somewhat related

Early 2000s, girl in work used to come in to work as brown as whatever a stereotypically really brown thing is..........white girl, she was literally peeling from over use of a sunbed, large flakes of skin peeling off a brown base that looked like it had been gotten to that level by commitment to a punishing schedule of lying under UV lamps......it looked awful, she was obviously suffering from some sort of delusion/psychological issue..........................I felt sorry for her tbh.

Advertisement