Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Booked NCT but sold car prior to test

Options
  • 24-06-2022 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

NCT expires in October so I booked the car in for the NCT back in April for an August date due to the ridiculously long wait times. I sold the car today so my question is is the test date I booked still valid for the new owner or does anything need changed? Not that its important but the test is already pre-paid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Dirty Nails

I'd imagine that you can cancel the test & get a refund or let the new owner take the appointment. Up to yourself really.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Technically ID is required when presenting at NCT but my mechanic runs my car through NCT for me. The cert is issued for the Vehicle, not the person , so I'd say new owner could just keep appointment.

How did you pre pay for test OP 🤔 I understand payment only taken after Test completed 🤔 could be wrong but I've only ever paid on the day.

You have the option to cancel appointment too .

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭alanc2003

Had the same happen to me. Rang them, told them I sold the car and they refunded me. The whole process took about 2 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭drogon.

Cancel it, if you have a booking and nobody turns up, the next person will be charged a fee during the next trip. You can cancel up to 5 day without any penalty.

CANCELLATION

• You can cancel an Appointment. This means that if prior to the appointment you change your mind or you decide you do not want to keep an Appointment, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Appointment
    • Your right to cancel an Appointment starts from the date of the confirmation of your Appointment, which is when the agreement between us is formed. Failure to show up for your test, rearranging your confirmed appointment or cancelling without giving five (5) working days (Monday to Friday not including the day of the test) notice in advance of your Appointment will result in an automatic cancellation/rearrangement fee being levied and you will forfeit €22.00 for a periodic inspection or €11.50 for a re-inspection (Inclusive of VAT @23.0%) of the fee you have already paid, and the balance will be refunded to your card. Further details of the cancellation fees applicable are set out in the Booking Process. For the avoidance of doubt, the right to cancel an Appointment shall not apply where the Appointment has begun 
    • To cancel/rearrange an Appointment, log onto www.ncts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Comer1

Definitely cancel it, you don't want any ties to the car now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

As it will have changed ownership the new owner wouldn’t have to pay a fee that is if I read your post correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

They moved to pre-payment recently instead of just holding your card details until the day of the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement