Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Security companies for experienced security officer to apply to

Options
  • 22-06-2022 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi all

Currently working in security for over 7 years , won’t mention the company or site but have done a huge range of security from static to events to corporate , vip and supervisory duties. As a team we have been trying to negotiate a pay rise for almost 9 months now but are continuously fobbed off and given excuses . I love the place I work and would hate to leave but the fact that a company I’ve worked for for over 7 years doesn’t want to pay over €12.05 makes me realise it’s not worth staying. The cost of living also doesn’t help. So I’ve decided it’s time to search for a new job . Preferably in the security industry but just curious as to which security companies you would recommend I apply to given my experience that are going to be willing to give me a higher rate of pay? In the cork area btw . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

Shocking money, there is handy corporate work going for 14-15ph everywhere with little work to do.

Data centre stuff is a euro more probably but with plenty of steps per shift, for professionalism I can recommend Securitas.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Designator

Is there much around the cork area though? I find a lot of jobs advertised in security are still €13 at the most , I’d need at least 14-15 an hour at this stage

Update on this, managed to secure a job doing mobile patrol for 14.50 an hour , starting next thursday, so very happy with that

Nice 1....well done!!!!!!

12.05 sure isn't going far these days....... went shopping with Mrs Mc Carthy this morn........ €3.95 for a lb. Of kerrygold butter.......jesus!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭PatrickDoherty

nice well done

I've worked in mobile patrol before for 2 years its handy if your into the night work.

Interesting gig your night will look like lock up's, patrols then open ups of businesses/offices with adhoc alarms through the night randomly going off for you to attend.

• Advertisement

Well im doing training on nights and then moving onto the day van full time

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bzzn87

This is an old topic but best of luck in your job search, and I hope you land a position that appreciate your experience and compensates you accordingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bzzn87

Considering your background in security, I recommend checking out MPS Security & Protection https://security-mps.com/ . They have a solid reputation and may be more willing to offer a higher rate of pay that reflects your expertise. It's always worth exploring different opportunities to find a company that values your contributions. 

Ive since left the security industry before it completely falls apart, currently driving buses for nearly twice the money . Loved security and the people I worked with but could never go back to that , no standard of living with those wages

• Registered Users Posts: 1 GRSonduty

When considering which security company to apply to, you should research each organization's reputation, values, and opportunities for professional growth to find the best fit for their skills and career goals. Here are insights into some of the best security companies for experienced officers to consider:

1. Securitas: With a global presence and a reputation for excellence, Securitas offers a wide range of security services, including manned guarding, mobile patrols, and advanced technology solutions. They provide comprehensive training programs and opportunities for career advancement.
    2. Allied Universal: Allied Universal is one of the largest security services companies in North America, offering a diverse range of security solutions for various industries. They prioritize employee development and offer competitive benefits packages.
    3. GardaWorld: GardaWorld is a leading provider of comprehensive security services, including protective services, cash logistics, and risk management solutions. They value professionalism and offer opportunities for career advancement in a dynamic work environment.
    4. ADT Security Services: ADT is a trusted name in home and business security, offering innovative solutions such as alarm monitoring, surveillance systems, and smart home automation. They provide extensive training programs and opportunities for experienced officers to excel in the security industry.
    5. GRS Protection: GRS Protection stands out as a top-tier security company known for its expertise in custom security solutions. With a focus on customer satisfaction and cutting-edge technology, GRS Protection offers a rewarding environment for experienced security officers to thrive. Explore career opportunities at GRS Protection and join a team dedicated to excellence in security services.

• Advertisement

I dont know what country youre from but this is an Irish website... Securitas is the only one of those companies that I have ever heard of here. And anyway its like you just copied and pasted all that info from some website

• Registered Users Posts: 25,724 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

In the olden days it was don't feed the trolls. Now it's bots!

Advertisement