Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you?

Options
  • 22-06-2022 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

So years ago I was working in a popular fast food restaurant, anyway, one day, some guy came through the drive-thru and had a woman in the passenger seat.

He ordered his food and then said that the passenger wanted my number, I got a clear view of her and I was instantly interested.

I was young and vulnerable at the time and I gave my number.

Anyway, a few days later I got a message and it was casual at the start and then it got really sexual.

It turned into extreme flirting and we decided to meet up. I was bragging to the lads, that's exactly what most teenagers do, and they seemed jealous, as you would expect.

I picked a location close to where I lived and we arranged to meet one of the nights.

Anyway, the time came and there was no sign of her, I was getting a bit worried, I waited for about half an hour and then she/he rang me.

It was the guy putting on a female voice and saying some dirty things, and it turned out that I had been tricked, it wasn't her number at all, it was the guy winding me up all along.

I was so embarrassed!

I went to work the next day and everyone was asking me how it went. I just lied and told them all that we had done it and that it was great, I was dreading seeing the guy come around the drive-thru again, he never returned, that was the last time that I ever gave my number out again while at work.

What was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

If he had thrown a bucket of pigs blood over your head you could have used your psychic powers to wreak revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭vixdname

Not embarrassing per say but what could have been an embarrassing situation.

I was going out with a girl at the time, only our 3rd or 4th time meeting up and we met in her house that she shared with 2 others.

We were there a few hours watching movies and eating pizza when all of a sudden I got a pain in my stomach and I knew a massive evacuation was inevitable.

As we were only after starting to go out with each other, we werent at the "Yes Ive to go for a big S**T" stage in our relationship, so tried in vain to hold it in, in the hope it would subside.

Nature had other ideas that night and safe to say I had no option but to go and go fast.

I went in to the bathroom and barely had enough time to pull down the jocks before the action started, I coughed over the fart noises in an effort to mask them from the girl I had all intentions of romancing later that evening and thought I had gotten away with the perfect crime.......that was until I realised there was NO TOILET PAPER to clean myself up with....

In a blind panic, and not wanting herself to know I had taken a ridiculouly large s**t in her pristine bathroom, I scanned the room to find something that I could swipe myself with but to no avail.

Then I had a brain wave, I had a white t shirt on under my shirt which I could use.

So, off comes the shirt, off comes the t shirt, back on with the shirt and I happily wipe away, destroying my t shirt with streaks of dung.

Then, where do I hide this t shirt, again I look around and quickly realise I simply cant hide it in the bathroom to be found by herself or her house mates at a later date.

So, I stealthily sneak over to her front door and quickly chuck it over the hedge between her house and the neighbours.

I walk back in, as if nothings happened, after a few minues she looks at me and asks if I had been wearing a t shirt under my shirt to which I gas light her and say " A T shirt ? nope".

So after a night of pizza fueled passion we get up the next morning and after a bit of breakfast we head out the front door.....and thank God she was small in height...because there hanging off the neighbors young cherry blossom in the middle of their front lawn was a T shirt destroyed in human excrement blowing in the wind.

If she had been a few inches taller she would no doubt have been able to see the offending t shirt and would have put two and two together and known what I had done the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,837 ✭✭✭Cordell

It was that time when I told some old internet story or something that I saw in a film and got called out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭vixdname

Or that time I assumed everyone elses life was a mundane and boring as my own and dont all rely on trying desperately to be a smart ass online in an effort to boost my low self esteem

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Joe Dixon

A long long time ago when i was about 15 or so, I was in what was probably Quinnsworth at the time and sorting out a pick&mix for myself. I noticed that this toddler was lingering on her own for what seemed like an inordinately long time. After a couple of minutes of looking round to see if there was anyone coming or looking for the child i thought it was a good idea to take her by the hand and bring her to the front desk where they could do the 'missing child' announcement.

But as i was approaching the desk, who i assume was the mother of the child started shouting at me, 'let go of my child' and 'leave her alone' and she was really shouting it. It seemed like everyone in the shop turned round to look at me. I could feel myself going purple in the face which probably only made me look more like the guilty deviant.

Haven't even considered trying to kidnap a child since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Printer25

I was leaving a guys house after the 4th date. I was on my period and I had to change my sanitary pad. I was too self conscious to discharge it in his bathroom bin, so I rolled it over on itself and put it into my handbag with plans to discharge it later. On the way home to my house, we stopped at the garage and of course I pulled out my wallet on the counter to pay for my bill only to notice to my horror that the sanitary pad/ towel was stuck on it for the server and the people behind me to see..Mortified.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,385 ✭✭✭Riddle101

When I was in my first year in secondary school, during the second week of term I came into English class without homework. I didn't know we had any homework so when the teacher asked me for it I said I didn't have it. The teacher (who was a bit of a P*ick) had me come to his desk and then he proceeded to berate me in front of the class. I got nervous from the yelling and went pale, and then I got sick on the floor right in front of everyone. It was very humiliating for me at the time and I was constantly reminded about the incident by my classmates up until my final year of secondary school. Even today over 20 years later I still can't forget and i'd imagine my classmates would probably remember too if they ever saw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

20 plus years ago when I was a young man of 17, living at home with the folks I decided to meet the lads for some cans and to try our luck at getting into a pub somewhere in town which went quite quite well. Ended up drinking way too much Guinness but somehow managed to wake up the next morning at home in my own bed. Had to go to my part time job, absolutely dying I dragged myself out of bed and in I went to work. As the day wore on I felt quite good about the fact I managed to go out boozing, wake up, put in a shift at work and not get caught by the folks.

Father rings me on my lunch break absolutely furious. Someone (or something) had left a huge shyte on the outside window sill of my bedroom with 15 long scutter trails all the way down the side of the house and onto the footpath.

Quick thinking me said that must be that stray cat that hangs around....father wasn't buying it. When I got home that evening I realised why....what I had left on my window sill was much larger than the cat I was blaming, complete with scutters all down the wall....and to top it off the cat had also used toilet roll which was blowing in the wind kind of half stuck in a mound of shyte.

Every single family gathering since. "Remember the time you stuck your arse out the window and shyt everywhere lol lol har har"...

*Sigh*.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I hate them little kids shopping trolleys, always getting in my being pushed by idiots

Go into our local supervalu a few years back wit my wifey, now theres a lobby, full of flowers, on one side is entrance to store, on other side is exit.

There's this little kid, standing in the entrance wit one of these trolleys, his dad is about 5ft in front of him just looking at him smiling, queue behind us is building up and kid is not budging.

I shout out "Here, will ya get out of the way wit that trolley"

Kids turns around and looks at me with his little down syndrome head, everyone looks at me like i'm the devil, wife just abandons me and legs it inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

Getting trolled by dolevistas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭NiceFella

Some teachers in primary school I found were awful bullies because they knew they'd get away with it.

Your story reminded me of a time in primary school when I forgot my lunch. A friend of mine shared half a bar he brought in and was grand until the "teacher" noticed.

What does she do? She forces me to eat one of the school cheese sandwiches even though I told her I didn't like cheese. In front of everyone she forced me to eat it with everyone watching until I finished. I HATED cheese and felt like vomiting. This one was a fair bit older now so who knows what she got away with in her day. Was a very strange thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

When I was growing up in Scotland, it wasn't compulsory to take showers after P.E. (don't ask, I don't know why. Maybe the showers were broke and never fixed but it just wasn't a thing we were made to do). Being quite insecure around people in the changing room was bad enough, I would never jump into a shower in front of anyone (I still won't).

I moved to Ireland in 2004, I was going into 4th year at this stage. The school I went to, it was compulsory to take a shower after P.E., but I just couldn't face doing it, I was not comfortable doing it at all, so I never did.

One day, after P.E. our P.E. teacher came into the changing room (female, 60+, by the way. that was already weird in and of itself but nobody was phased by it) and refused to let me leave until I went for a shower. She said "you better go in for a shower before you go to any other class, and these lads are witnesses so you better not lie to me".

I had such a red neck at this stage. I had no swimming trunks and I sure as hell wasn't going in with nothing on, so what did I do? I kept the trackie bottoms I had on me, rolled them up to my knees, took my t-shirt off and made a really awkward attempt at standing under the thing. Everyone was watching me and laughing. "Why are you still wearing your trousers?".... my first response... I didn't even think....so I just said, "they're waterproof!"....... chaos. I was never left to live it down for the rest of the year at least. THANK FÚCKING CHRIST we didn't have smartphones back then. Next class, the lads were talking about it to other classmates that weren't in P.E. to see it. Even some of the girls were getting told.

I went home so upset that day. I pretended to be sick and got the Friday off. Went back in on Monday, one of the first things everyone said to me, "there's the man and the waterproof pants".

This wasn't the only time I had the piss ripped out of me. It was just the one I remember the most.

I'll never forget it.

You should have helicoptered to that old Shiela.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Or just kept his boxers on.

Although, 4th year really is the time when showering in your “birthday suit”, with the other lads, is the norm.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well at least it happened privately OP, no witnesses

Post edited by fryup on

Never heard of that expression lol no idea what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BaywatchHQ

Normies have no idea what true embarrassment is, true embarrassment is when memories of the incidencents still pop up in your mind a decade later. I wish my memories were something as simple as tripping on my shoe lace. I try to keep my painful memories locked away in my tortured incel mind.

I will give you an example, at school due to my social anxiety disorder I used to have a panic attack whenever the teacher chose me to read aloud from the textbook. My heart beat so fast that I couldn't read and I had to tell the teacher that I couldn't do it. Several of those incidents were so traumatising that I decided to go to the teachers and ask them not to make me read Infront of the class.

Other humiliating times were having to eat lunch alone in the school canteen for 8 months when I was 17. That was so humiliating that in my final year of school I decided to bring lunch to school and eat it when walking around, alone of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Pissy Missy

My ex desperately wanted to come on my face. Never would have been OK with it. To my delight, he ended up coming on his own face.

Not my most embarrassing day, but surely wasn't his finest day😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I was on the London underground, seated, and noticed yesterdays underwear was hanging out from the bottom of my jeans over my trainers. How I didn't feel it up that point I'll never know. I waited till I was out on the street before I pulled it out because if I did it on the train the other passengers would have noticed if they hadn't already.

One very hot summer day I was wearing a pair of summer shorts. I was with my sister in Tesco and I suddenly feel a bit cool round the rear end. On inspection I noticed there was a massive tear from the top of my rear end down the side of my leg, it wasn't so much a rip as a gaping hole. To make it worse I wasn't wearing any underwear due to the heat. That makes 2 gaping holes on public view. I've never darkened the door of the fashion store Zara since. Nice designs, crap quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Motivator

I was in my now wife’s house when we were younger and her mother had a very strict no shoes in the house policy and she didn’t like me smoking. We were in the house one evening and I decided to sneak out for a fag. I ducked out through the dining room and out into the shed for a fag.

I snuck back in and realised when I hit the tiles in the hall that my feet were squeaking, I still had my shoes on. Then I noticed wet black marks on the tiles. I was mid removal of shoes when her mother came out and saw me, then she saw the dining room door open. Then she turned the light on. The she saw the big wet sooty footprints on her cream carpet. The husband had been doing something with water in the shed earlier that day and the water had mixed with the soot from the coal bunker and I was standing in a puddle of black **** while enjoying my fag. Absolutely wasn’t the flavour of the month in the house after that. I was ordered to go and get a carpet cleaning machine the following day. It didn’t work, coal is an absolute bastard to try and get out of a cream carpet.

A few months after that we had a fairly heavy night in the pub and stayed with her parents. I woke up the next morning absolutely gasping so I headed down for a glass of water in my boxers. I was stumbling down the stairs and hit the kitchen to be faced with the mother and her sisters and 4 or 5 kids who called in for breakfast. I was standing in the doorway asking how they were and was told quite abruptly to leave and go back to bed. I didn’t realise it but I had a massive boner and was standing there proud as punch with just my underpants on me. I got dressed and left as quickly as I could. My now wife was swiftly told “strike 2” when she asked what happened.

It’s like enduring a episode of Fair City reading that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I got a bit too excited with a girl and I came before I had a chance to put the johnny on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had a similar experience a good few years back. I managed to get it in but I only lasted 3 pushes before it went off. I was ashamed of myself afterwards :(

Other periods where I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me is when I was forced to climb up on a table butt naked and retrieve my gym bag containing my uniform and towel from the changing room rafters while all my classmates were pointing and laughing. One of the knobheads in my class threw the bag up there while I was in the shower after PE. Another time was when myself and two other lad in class were sliding across the school canteen floor using chairs. Of course I fell over backwards and whacked my head off the ground. The whole canteen started laughing while I just wanted to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

That's 3 pushes more than me anyway. 🤣

God that shower story sounds horrific. Are showers common in Irish schools? I don't think there was one in mine, but then there wasn't much of anything in my school. We had about 5 chisels between the lot of us in woodwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

I was working as a bar lounge staff, after leaving school.

A family ordered 3 glasses of red wine, family of 4 plus the granny.

As I was carrying the tray of glasses to their table, I tripped over the carpet, the glasses of wine all emptied into the granny's handbag.

Her dead husband's ashes were in the bag.

I didn't stay long in the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Sh*t myself in the pool in Trabolgan when I was 7 (mid 1980s) and some girls laughed at me as I scurried off to the toilets with a bulge in my togs. I tipped the big solid log into the toilet and returned to the pool! I remember not liking the facilities in the place so had been holding my sh*t back for a couple of days. Then the inevitable happened.

Advertisement