Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying Guitar parts from England to ireland

Options
  • 19-06-2022 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, maybe someone can help me understand customs charges, buying goods from UK into Southern Ireland, guitar parts, place of Origin is the UK, guitar parts are costing pound sterling 390. I was told if place of Origin is UK, there would be no extra charge with Irish customs, do anyone have answers here, on what I would be expecting to pay extra to customs on the guitar parts, bareknuckle pickups, is the seller and manufacturer, I don't mind paying an extra 20 to 30 euro, but anything above definately not..

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

If they are made in the UK then I think there will be no extra duty.

But you will have vat at 23% . £390 is approximately €450. 23% vat on €450 is €103.50

23% vat will also be payable on the delivery charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 matt86ie

Thanks, I did not expect such a fast reply, just double checked the email sent £387.95 exactly that's including £15.95 recorded mail charge by Bareknuckle, and so I read read somewhere that if country of origin is UK then there's no charge, its all a bit confusing really, but you have thrown some light on the subject and at least now I won't get a shock when I see the customs charge bill to pay, thanks a million for your reply..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 8 matt86ie

Yes, Buying from UK, postage to Ireland,

Advertisement