Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You Tube

Options
  • 18-06-2022 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,587 ✭✭✭✭

You Tube was one of the great Internet applications, in the past month the number of Add's has more than doubled, making it near unwatchable. I could be cynical and think it was a Google plan to suck us in, get us hooked and then suddenly bombard us with never-ending rubbish adds and make it unwatchable or go on ther premium (Ad free) plan.

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I used to use Vanced on mobile (ad-free youtube basically), but Google seems to have finally shut it down. People will move from YouTube to other alternatives if it get's too pushy. I do know people who have subbed to their premium platform. But I don't think it's worth it for my needs.

Is Vimeo any good as an alternative.? Haven't used it much recently.

If on desktop use Brave/similar and never see an ad on Youtube and it makes the spotify webplayer nice too. On Devices there are options but require a bit more tech know how. But yes Youtube have ramped up the ads to 11 in the last year or so and the circumstances in which you will see them or not be able to skip them . Watch 2 ads before a 30 second clip you wanted to see???? f right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Yes there's more ads I just mute the sound and wait maybe 20 seconds, YouTube is free, it's gots loads of content, I understand many young people are spending more time on tik Tok. Almost everyone is on YouTube. It won't be going away anytime soon. Doubling ftom 10 to 20 seconds does not matter to me. Alot of old programs bbc itv us comedys are on dailymotion. com.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,404 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

My Adblock+ seems to no longer work on it, I hadn't seen ads in about 10 years, now it's near unusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,724 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

UBlock Origin if on desktop, then go its settings and enable almost all of the rest of the filters.

AdGuard (get it from their site rather than the Store) if on Android. Vanced still works too (albeit a discontinued project as mentioned above)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Not "Current Affairs"

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement