Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic "ethnic" form of avoiding theft charges - didn't work

Options
  • 16-06-2022 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

From Longford shopping centre.

This is how they try and get away with shoplifting. They scream and scream. They make others think they are being hurt.

Didn't work this time and she was before the court a few hours later.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/watch-woman-arrested-after-viral-video-shows-customer-being-restrained-in-shopping-centre-in-longford-41761303.html

Comments

Did they blur the video to make it less obvious that she was acting?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I couldn't watch it , error 404

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Some control for an older gentleman, proper defensive restraint, he should be on Late Late Show how it's done. Might have one or two Seagal flicks in his video locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Excellent control especially given she was fighting and resisting in a very aggressive and physical way… mouth on her like an out of control hyena….

hopefully she takes her punishment and will be given plenty of opportunity to reflect on the trajectory that her life is going in and in time it can be a catalyst for her to become a more favourable member of society….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,129 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Ah this was nice to watch even though she faked it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭furiousox

How tragic.

She just took a wrong turn at a badly signposted intersection on the road of life.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

“I wouldn’t send my money here, to be honest with you”

You’ll be paying in-house white knight. All proceeds to IWW

• Registered Users Posts: 6,129 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

MOD: @Bobblehats , don't post in this thread again.

Post edited by New Home on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

Longford town... So you are assuming it's unsettled types.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Any statement from Pavee Point?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

The howle out of her, it's not the first time she's been caught - totally fake. He had her under control with the least amount of force needed and she knew he could easily apply more if she kept it up and pushed her luck. Can't tell if her accent is local or day tripping from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

Unsurprising stance taken by the journalist behind the article. I hope the old guy isn't a local because if he is her family will hound him, he may up sticks and leave while he can. If you've a problem with one you've a problem with them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chosen1

It's 100% a Dublin accent and not a local one. Probably living there though as many tend to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Looked like a grand aul goose neck he had on her. That hurts if you continue to move around like she did. Just like people who are handcuffed, if you struggle in handcuffs, your wrists are going to hurt. Strange thing about grinding flesh against metal, it hurts! Didn't watch the whole video, her voice was getting to me, so not sure if she had extras with her. If she had, surprised they didn't jump in to help her. Fair play to yer man anyway, under control at all times as far as I could tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Time and time again, the real way to change all that behaviour is to engage with the families who hold some sway on the halting sites. Years ago in Ballyfermot there was an issue with some of them stirring up crap and the locals spoke with the families on the site, was all friendly and built relations. Stopped all the nonsense going on. In other news a white settled guy was selling drugs in town in Temple Bar, is this the sort of typical white guy behaviour we always see from settled people?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Dublin accent??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Engaging with the family though comes with a sort of precedent that society somehow has responsibility to these people behaving themselves. It and we don’t have that responsibility…. They DO however…ALL on them.

nobody ever knocked on my door to talk to my parents about me behaving but then again my parents did a good enough job instilling those values and if I did ever step out of line consequences were not far away.

if parents don’t want to parent, allow the state to.…a nice bit of jail time for em.

• Advertisement

Yes, the idea of jail though should be both that it is punishment for the crime and also rehabilitation for those who offended. Never should it be incumbent on the parents to deal with these matters or community leaders yet time and time again its the only way. Humans being the social creatures they are tend to have people they look up to in these situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

This whole thread is stupid and racist, incorrectly at that. The women is from Dublin and not a member of the traveling community

• Registered Users Posts: 13,884 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well not everyone inferred it was a country cousin, so not the whole thread is stupid and, well, there is no racism at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

That’s not a Dublin accent you mad thing.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Can't believe you think a traveller has to have a specific accent, very racists

werent you the lad who used to boast about pals in revenue or the guards doing illegal background checks for you? Not really a fella for the high horse

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I'm not sure what white guy behaviour is supposed to be in a majority white country

I do, however, know that drug dealing is associated with an entirely different skin colour 🤔

I wasnt aware Crumlin had its own skin colour...?

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭chosen1

So this one finally got her day in court and got her justice; Irish style. All left happy, with her getting no extra jail time and her solicitors getting their free legal aid and expenses.

While the video of her detainment by the security guard seems harsh, you'd wonder if more this was more commonplace, would there be as many would be thiefs willing to take the risk?

Also the thread title could be changed now that the "ethnic" part has been put to bed. As several people said earlier, she was clearly from Dublin and not a local traveller, but people automatically assume it's a traveller when crime takes place in Longford.

https://www.longfordleader.ie/news/home/995426/recidivist-criminal-with-over-100-previous-convictions-escapes-extra-jail-time-after-longford-thefts.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Those Dubs, up to no good as usual. 😀

such a waste of space, give her a gun and send her to a trench in Ukraine, might cop her on a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Typical Dub.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Advertisement