Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Growatt Not connecting to Shinephone app

• 16-06-2022 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I just got a solar system installed with 12 panels and an Eddi hit water heater. The Eddi is giving a readout on the box but when the installers tried to get the Growatt to connect to the shinephone app it would not connect. The reason they gave was that our fibre internet was too strong for the system installed. It seems a ridiculous reason not to able to view solar system on the phone.

Any ideas? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭irishchris

Absolute crap they are spouting and wouldn't be recommending those installers to many! Broadband speed should never affect a simple solar app from running with minimum data uploaded to servers or downloaded. Especially not fibre broadband (or in reality any broadband)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

Growatt seem to be having a lot of issues with there cloud infrastructure currently. I have a SPH5000 since 2018 and shinephone used to be reliable.

This year it is very hit and miss, some weeks it works great others the data is useless.

I use very fast fiber, and it works fine with it for several years.

So I would not be suprised to find out your connection issues are at their end. There support since they closed the UK support centre is supposed to be very bad.

Advertisement