Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ Junior

Options
  • 16-06-2022 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭

I appear to have two separate RTÉ Junior TV channels on one mux (Maghera 674MHz) with

Service IDs 2107 and 2117

Is this some weird mix up on my system or is this correct?

(Junior Radio is on 690MHz SID 1233)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Its been there a few weeks now and is a single stream with two LCNs/SIDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Thanks, its been a while since I followed events/posts (can I blame covid?), so that info was buried.

EDIT:

I noticed after I posted that the Original IDs shown in VLC for both channels is 2107 (video); 2207 (audio); 2307 (teletaxt); 2407 (nar)

Post edited by Johnboy1951 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

RTÉjr has now moved to LCN 17

EPG data on LCN 7 confirms this

Why? is another question. Seems unnecessary to me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Any chance, a new channel might appear on LCN 7 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Post edited by StreetLight on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Longwayjump1991

Looks like Virgin Media Four will occupy the LCN 7 slot then. I wonder when it will launch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭galtee boy

If this is true, what in the name of God are they going fill a fourth channel with, considering the endless repeats and general tripe that's on 1,2 & 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

There was a post in the virgin Media television forum, nearly sure, but how true it was not sure. They are going to give the channel an identity. Hopefully as they cannot fill another channel with the same crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Longwayjump1991

Maybe it will be for documentaries, so endless repeats of Britain’s busiest Airport and Paul O’Grady for the love of dogs! 😅😂😂 … I do hope they use the slot to provide some programming that’s not currently available via the Saorview platform, that would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

RTE jr moving from ch 7 to 17.

If there is a new channel on 7 - is it VM1 +1 ? or a brand new channel to DTTV?

What a pity BBC World or indeed BBC 1 NI or UTV is not on it, as part of the peace process or something ( i know thers a mux cost)

SAORVIEW is what 10 / 11 years old, and only 1 new channel added in SKY News in the past year!

I know lots of people who have ditched their cable/sky for streaming and only have cable since it's with their broadband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Even if there was a new channel on the way, surely it would make more sense to move RTÉjr to LCN 8, as 11-20 are reserved for +1 channels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭StreetLight

RTÉ Jr has now ended on Channel 7 and been replaced with a graphic stating its new position on 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

Saorview Channel 7 has been testing various channels today, I noticed

Virgin Media 3

Rte +1

Rte 1

Advertisement