Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rás

124»

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

Good luck to all involved; I wonder how likely a local/county rider win is this year? And just for clarity, are the provincial teams (Leinster/Ulster) considered 'county' teams? Daft question maybe, but I think the winner might well be lurking in those 2 'squadre' 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 45 spudpicker2022

i think the provincial teams are considers "county" teams. the ireland team isn't though

some hard stages ahead. best of luck to all taking part and supporting, i will hopefully catch a bit of two stages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Unlikely in my eyes. It’s a tough route a lot harder than last year.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You never know who is going to figure out of the international teams, but I for one am looking forward to the shootout between Feeley and McDunphy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimbo789

Kinnitty the new cycling capital of the Midlands!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Glorious day in the midlands for the Rás

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

Some speed out there today! The peloton blown to bits in the first 20km, riders everywhere. Looks like a strong group of favourites has emerged ahead of the 'rest' although early days still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

For posterity (I only read it for the fines 😁)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Fair play to @Bambaata - up the road in the break of the day today. Some buck for one (slightly old) buck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Thanks. Maybe you might load this link everyday please

• Advertisement

Will do 👍

The peloton cross the Little Brosna river from Offaly into God's own county Tipperary on their way to the start proper about 1 Km away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

@CrowdedHouse are you able to get predicted times for tomorrow? Specifically time predicted through Tuam, Ballinrobe and finish in Castlebar. Or where could I find those? Thanks.

They usually put them up on Ras social channels

Scroll down to stage 3 through the attached Road Book, I think the times are listed a bit wonky for 3 but go by the earliest time

Today's Detailed Results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

Stage 3 Ennis to Castlebar 151 Km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

A lot of crashes today with Feeley & McDunphy out of the GC now.

All in for Corkerry now from an Irish viewpoint.

At what stage was Feeley caught in a crash?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

4km to go is what I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Big crash with about 4k to go. A lot of lads coming in with bloodied elbows and knees, some only able to hold the bars with one hand. Not nice to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Carnage day, caught near back behind a crash just 11km in which made for a hard 30km chase to get back in, then at about 70km another incident. That then made for pure hardship trying to get back. My back has been at me since yesterday's stage and was in bits after that early chase so just couldnt push hard and hang onto the cars, was solo then for about 10/15km before Irish and Foyle rider came up and then a few km later about 12/14 more lads. Rolled in with them on one of those days you contemplate why you do this, cant wait for tomorrow's 180km stage 🤣 going to be loading up on painkillers tomorrow for the back!!

Post edited by magicbastarder on

Stage 4 Charlestown - Monaghan 176 Km

There's live pictures from the finishing circuit, not exactly Eurosport level but still...

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialRasTailteann/videos/792270418918783

Great to have an Irish winner again

5th and Final Stage

Monaghan - Blackrock 133 Km

Well done to the Men of the Rás - Yellow jersey to Lantern Rouge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Big dose of the blues today with another edition over. I didnt get to roll out yesterday unfortnately and was the only non-starter on stage 5 😥 but still have nothing but amazing memories and in the depths of depression now its over for another year 🤣 Ger and the crew did another amazing job and i was lucky enough to be brought along for the journey with the Drogheda gang. I had an extra amazing experience being with that crew seeing as the club have such an inovolement with its organisation. It was great that the team managed to have their jersey on the stage on the final day with Arek the wheel whisperer winning the A2 prize, again!!

Serious come down to be back at work today! Unfortunately i lost another bike to the Ras this year so thats 2 bikes from 3 editions 😫 but if id a choice of lose a bike and take part or not go at all i'd still take the first option! Maybe that feeling might wane a bit in the coming days when i try set something up for the rest of the season 😂

Im 40 this year but hope ive another few editions to try get around before i have to give it up. Id like to think when i do have to pack it in that i might be able to be of assistence in some way so that i can still experience the madness of the Rás! If anyone here is racing and has any ambitions of trying to give it a go i cant recommend it enough! The event is very special and in each of the 3 editions ive taken part in i have memories that will stay with me forever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭buffalo

Advertisement