Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing/Michael D

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Michael D is not apolitical by any measure - never has been and never will be. His position as President of Ireland is an apolitical role, and he is good as not coming out too often in a political way - but now and again he cannot help himself. He is helped in that regard that neither the Gov nor the Dail can say boo to him.

Thank goodness for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Note that these REITs and pension funds mainly buy blocks of apts in Dublin.

They don't really buy houses.

I am told by a friend who is a financial controller of a developer that otherwise blocks of apts would not be built, as the cost per unit exceeds the ability or willingness of private buyers to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

Its really the peoples fault after what happened during the Celtic tiger, when the trioka left we went back to what we were doing before. This all happened in the last 5 years and i expect most people living in the general Dublin area certainly knew what was going on. I am not sure how widespread the reach of these cujckoo funds are outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,875 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

You see plenty of absolutely rank badly designed new developments… properly designed buildings situated appropriately ..not many people will object to…

weaken an objection process ? Doesn’t sound very democratic.

there are two buildings near me that never should have received planning.

on the other hand there is another that I’d be glad to give an award to, so well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Gant21

I wouldn’t mind the rant once it was constructive which it wasn’t. Since he had the toys thrown out of the pram that day he should have had voiced up. But no, hunger got the better of him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement