Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open drive policy

Options
  • 12-06-2022 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Has anyone had experience adding open drive option on their policy, and how much this might cost?

We're currently with allianz

Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,896 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

That's an impossible question to answer - depends on your insurer and their current policy/attitude regarding open drive (in the same way that premiums vary wildly, so can add-ons).

Ring your insurer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jonnywc

Was the question looking for a too the penny price I'd agree ,an impossible question to answer,unless a representative from an insurance company, computer open,ready to take details was able to answer my query online,on boards,on a Sunday morning.....

But the question was......HAD ANYONE ANY EXPERIENCE and what that experience WAS....again Question was not a too the penny price, with adding an open drive policy! .... And I also added the information for more clarity,me being currently insured with allianz ,which I've checked DO offer this option , that maybe someone,with a similar experience,with ALLIANZ could share this experience with me .

Thankfully, not being a neanrathal, It didn't need to be spelled out a BLATANTLY OBVIOUS option is to ring my insurer !?!? But here I sit ,on the couch on a Sunday morning, without the luxury of said insurer open for discussion about my policy at this time.

So turning to boards ,and in the spirit of what this forum is , (well supposed to be) and NOT of irrelevant pontificating opinions opposed to answering the original question asked ,or pushing the spirit of , f#*k off and Google it , ring them etc ,which again , clearly know these being options!!! , I had hoped for a Relevant answer and advise to an extremely simple question (if read properly) of those who had EXPERIENCE of this.

Many thanks for taking the time in your reply, but unfortunately it's been as usefull as a drum kit voucher for Anne Frank .

Kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 28,896 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Wow, feel better after that little rant?

I explained why (in my opinion) it's an impossible question to answer - there are simply too many variables, and one person's experience may not (will probably not) reflect what Allianz may charge you.

Best of luck with it.

I Feel fantastic every waking hour,thanks for taking the time to ask 🙂.

Again it's amazing the volume of information that can be gathered from even the most simplistic reply's ....

My original question asked for EXPERIENCE related to my question , but thanks for taking the time sharing your OPINIONS.

Kind regards

Three Fiddy.

Feel better now?

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply...350 total cost of policy? Or how much it cost you to add this option too your policy? And what insurer?

Tia

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I think it was sarcasm given what you've already been told. What someone pays for insurance is largely irrelevant to another person given the number of variables used by the insurance companies (age, location, NCB, penalty points, convictions, etc) but you didn't want to hear that.

I know what I wanted to hear , I want to hear facts , experiences not opinions.... I understand variables in insurance policies.....Why is that so hard to understand?

From there, I can analyse trends,averages , average costings to better understand what I asked In the first place .....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I know what I wanted to hear , I want to hear facts , experiences not opinions.... I understand variables in insurance policies.....Why is that so hard to understand?

From there, I can analyse trends,averages , average costings to better understand what I asked In the first place .....

Your opening post is comes across as a form of query to see what others paid and what you can expect. You then went on to tell us who you are insured with.

Had we been made aware that you are planning on doing some statistical analysis then we would have responded with that in mind. However, if you are planning on doing statistical analysis then your sample size would be too small for any meaningful usage!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,472 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Last few times I checked when renewing my policy it was between 30-50% more than the fully comprehensive quote, the drivers covered had to be 25 with full licence for a number of years. Lots of variables depending on insurer.

• Advertisement

Seth......with all due respect, how I analyse, and to what benefits I garner from the volume of response ,needs only to be understood,by me.....again all I asked for originally,was a response ,from people, with experience doing this ,and even better, with allianz.....not opinions, or hearsay from Mary down the road...... Simply experience......but it's been too much for some to fathom

Atlantic.... thanks for your reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Jonny maybe you should ring your insurer and ask them lol

Advertisement