Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solar Electricity Bills: Then Vs Now

2»

Comments

Yeah, I got all that benefit too.

I also state in the OP that this was a like for like pay out difference vs same time last year. Ignoring the MASSIVE unit rate increases.

I was highlighting that EVEN with these raises I was STILL paying less than the previous year.

Going by unit costs my bill SHOULD have been north of €230

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭DC999

Good man. I see you updated the OP and this line says it all 'The savings are completely covering the loan on the install'. And really the post is you saying you are happy you did it. Does it matter he didn't do a scientific analysis in excel and present for people to review. Is he happy? Yes! That's success in my book.

Some debate on this one in terms of how to show the saving. But even figures are subjective to others. Bar the EV we only use 7 units a day. So if I analysed my bill with the € saving it would be tiny compared to those with high usage. And might make people think they need decades to break even (which they don't). But it's big saving for us. So % reduction would be better for others to compare. But I think we're heading for analysis paralysis then asking people to document excel and all the rate changes and usage...Look at your own numbers as others have said and then add in other 'rule of thumbs'you see across the forum here. Then you see your own potential or actual savings. Personally I wanna have a rough sense when it's paid for itself but that's not my main driver for getting solar.

I'm the same as the poster and others that replied that factor in other gains elsewhere and NOT just the power bill. That's not greenwashing if you have something now you didnt have before.

You've a lower mortgage rate now (yeah you could get that elsewhere but takes a huge amount of time to move mortgage v getting current provider to change based on new BER). Reducing oil / gas for heating water. So looking across a range of bills not just power.

Anyways, I read your original post as 'Should I have gotten solar? Hell yeah!!' So well done on making it happen and encouraging others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,724 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

4 months now since I received an Electricity bill from EI!

I chatted to them a few weeks ago and they said they changed their system over' or something...

Advertisement