Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

skoda superb...anything to look out for?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seems very expensive when you can get something like this for a bit more:

https://www.carsireland.ie/3082610

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Im thinking I should go hybrid at this budget, might save some money in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,339 ✭✭✭jmreire

I'm a bit uncertain about hybrids in that what % of driving is actually done electrically versus engine driven? My neighbors have a Kia hybrid which gives about 60-70 Klms of pure electric driving, with the balance being engine driven. They charge the battery during off peak hrs, so reducing costs ( But that may be about to change..cheap electricity, I mean) So If I was about to change now, I'd be going full EV, I think. I have always thought that the more bits and pieces that went into a car, the more problems it could give. But maybe some Hybrid owners could tell about their experiences with hybrid?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Really depends on your driving style. If your doing alot of small start/stop journeys then best stay away from diesel and a hybrid is better suited. If you don't mostly long motorway type driving then diesel will be the most frugal for that.

This Lexus ES300h is coming in at the same price as that Superb:

https://www.carsireland.ie/3068948

Sorry i meant fully electric not hybrid, im going to test drive the Kona EV on saturday, but of course like everything these is a waiting list.

• Advertisement

Thats a lovely one Bazz, if it was you would you go for a fully electric for near similar price?

• Administrators Posts: 53,487 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I own a 2016 1.6 manual, and my car was in the garage a few weeks ago and they gave me a 2021 2.0 DSG as a replacement and I can tell you the 2.0 DSG is far better.

If I was buying again today I would happily buy another Superb but definitely wouldn't get a manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,206 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

DSG unrefined..you can't even feel the gear shifts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Have a kodiak from new, 157K kilometers on it, lease car from work only serviced at factory 30k intervals ,2L DSG Diesel, smooth as silk. Had a friend drive it who drives an E250 and he says every bit as smooth. Maybe you drive flat out in sport and have a different experience? Rarely done that in fairness but regular driving it is an absolute pleasure. Zero breakdowns, will be three years with me in October. Have to admit i wouldn't buy it off the leasing company purely because i believe the service gaps to be twice what they should be. Oil changes matter. But Skoda , in my opinion . are great value.

Advertisement