Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertilizer on silage ground

Options
  • 07-06-2022 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

What fertilizer and how much should i put out on ground that was cut for silage , its just for grazing ? it got 2000 gallons of slurry last week .

Comments

Nothing I’d say, considering the cost of fertiliser

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

I guess it would depend on Ur demand for grass, after the slurry , can would drive it on

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

The with current prices of fertilizers the days of fertilizing blind are gone. Best option in the current climate is to do a soil test first, it'll cost less than a single bag of fertilizer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

If it is just for grazing, 2000 gallons is plenty.

Fertilizer is not your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,225 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

It wil depend on demand and how slurry was put out. If it was very watery, spread with splash plate or using LESS equipment.

If you can wait for 8 ish weeks for grass slurry with a splash plate. If you want grass in 4ish weeks you will need N. LESS spreading equipment will give you 8 units per thousand gallons. Splash plate only 4 units

If you w as not grass in a month you need 30-40 units of N We had great weather for spreading urea over the last week and to be fair grass is recovering fast.

If you need grass fairly fast I would put a third to a half bag of protected urea on it

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
Advertisement