Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOS 16

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

The new home app is really nicer to use than the old one with a single page with clear icons and bubbles for the devices.

Reminds me of some Android version of Home Controll.

Most apps work fine for me.

Exceptions

Microsoft Outlook

Required me to enable developer support under privacy option to start but now works

Microsoft Notes

Starts and then crashes, no fix so far found

Salesforce

Starts and then crashes, no fix so far found

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Tempted, as always, to go on to the beta for a while as I always enjoy it. How are the banking apps like AIB and Revolut working on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

Can I check if anyone had an issue with the BordGais app. For some reason I can’t log in since moving to iOS 16. Deleted the app. Power cycled the phone. Tried both methods to log in and still get an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,640 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I don’t think it’s an iOS 16 issue dj. I’m still on 15.5, tried logging in just now to the BordGais app, it doesn’t log in. Instead I get a prompt that they’re experiencing technical difficulties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Raven1221

I think Apple make good phone. This is a good news, that the OS is upgrade, for the mobile world. Will watch video of the new feature if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

Are you using dark mode by any chance. I’ve had it on this entire time and when I’d type in my email or password it shows as blank. When I changed back to light mode it showed the email address and password. I ended up changing the password (again) and could log in.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,640 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Using light mode, but now you mention it I had that same behaviour in dark mode. I’ll follow the steps you suggested and should see it sorted, cheers 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

ios 16 public beta 1 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭iniall

Anyone running any of the public betas? Tempted to install iOS 16 on my phone, but it would probably be madness, right?

• Advertisement

Public Beta = approx. Developer Beta 3 so it's not too bad.

I have it running on an older device and beside Microsoft Notes and a specific TAN generator from a bank everything else works fine.

Some minor issue with Home app not refreshing quickly enough is the only other thing I have found.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

On the Public Beta for about a week or more now, aside from the Lock screen changes it's mostly under the hood stuff.

One bug I've found is an issue with notifications, often with an odd delay between the time the message is sent and when the notification shows. Even a few calls have gone entirely missed (including WhatsApp calls) because the phone isn't notifying of the incoming call. Missed a call at 11:05 today, but the red bubble didn't show until 11:15 and it's not on focus mode.

16 public beta 2 is out

might be time to take the plunge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Anyone on public beta now? How’s it holding up? Heard battery life is hit.

On Public Beta 2 I have no battery issue but some apps with Face Id case a "Your System experienced a crash" message with no other consequences that a prompt to submit a crash report and then everything is back to normal for a while. Very random.

my 12 pro max is ok , i think it will very much depend on the device used

I now have an annoying bug in which "home app" is not updating until I close the app and re-open.

In addition, every few hours I am getting told that my passwords for the HomePod's is wrong and I need to log on again which than takes 2 attempts to sit due to above home app bug.

I checked my recent transactions and all payments show with the right vendor/location for me.

Apple delaying iPadOS 16 release to October; iOS 16 still expected in September

Apple is planning to delay the release of iPadOS 16 by a month, according to a new report from Bloomberg. While iOS 16 is still expected to be released during its usual launch window in September, Apple needs more time to perfect the iPadOS 16 experience as it relates to Stage Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Stupid Stage Manager. All fuss and hoohaa over multitasking windows and Apple make it out to be the best UI experience since the dawn of time.

• Advertisement

public beta 3 is out

Battery percentage as a displayed number is there now

Ive noticed a bigger battery drain on this latest update (beta 4) ive got a 12 pro max

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Am on the 13 Pro and have noticed a big battery drain on the latest update. Am having to charge during the day, which I haven't had to do to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭iniall

Yeah, I'm on a 12 - have had to charge once already today and will need to charge again by 6pm or so, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭daraghwal

Same here, very noticeably not holding charge as well as it used to

public beta 5 is out

Beta 6 is out

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Looks like the App Store is broken, you get prompted for new T+Cs but it will error out when you try accept, so you cannot install or update any apps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭pad199207

Yes getting that issue too

Advertisement