Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,686 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Well there are plenty who have had these relationships and ended up married and happy, with families who had no issue..

Context always needs to be factored in. Not all 16/17 year olds are the same. Some 16 year olds and 17 year olds can be very mature for their age, and some very immature and look younger. Hence to blanket label all 20/21 year old males as dodgy is very unfair.

attractive 20/21 year old male dates attractive 16/17 year old female. Far too much negativity unnecessarily made of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭rogerywalters

Grand i dont label them all as dodgy, but you have seemed to bizzarely and vehemently defend them all. Its a sure sign of a dodgy fella tbh. Maturity is also very subjective so thats a bit of a noncy excuse as one poster stated.

It’s not necessarily defending all. It’s not rushing to label all. There is a difference. Hence context is important.

You said on multiple occasions how normal it is , it isnt normal and " nothing to see here". Anyway ill leave it there as its not about the show. Id be interested if someone does cop on and bring it up on the show tho

Normal as in it happens and there are plenty examples. Normal as in many people wouldn’t label the males dodgy/weird.

anyway, leave it there. Nobody to date has brought it up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

In all seriousness, any chance of going to After Hours or somewhere and starting a Thread on 16/17 girl with 20/21 boy etc

It's boring as fúck reading ye going around in circles in a Love Island reality TV thread.

The show was very boring tonight but this Thread was worse.

I find your comment fairly boring as well. A boring night all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I actually found the thread far more entertaining than the show tonight.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Was Afia's make up a look she was going for or just not done properly? Poor girl didn't have much time in the house.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Wife said the same thing. It's a look apparently.

• Advertisement

Nice girl. Good looking, but just does not have that extra bit of “look” for a show like Love Island. Nothing stands out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

No comments at all on last nite episode. And it was a pretty good episode. Andrew had a night of passion with the beautiful Tasha, and Luca is starting to lose his cool. Looking forward to tonight, really like Jack and hope he won’t get kicked out for telling the new ‘investment banking analyst’ that he would flatten him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've seen some posts elsewhere on a UK site where the permanently offended are calling for Jacques to be thrown out for threatening violence. Flaming madness.

Finally a nice bit of tension brewing. Luca not happy with his missus saying Jacques name - fairly funny. Her reaction says a lot about her.

Ekin Su is all about the new guy - surprise surprise. She's like a child in a candy store....1 of them..... no .... 1 of them..... no 1 of them Rinse and Repeat.

The two new lads are livening things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Ekin Su is causing carnage and I love it to see it. Feeding the new guy spaghetti, an Italian dish, in front of Davide is top tier evil

Play with Monopoly, not me!

Looks like she is going to play with whom ever she wants.

She could get boring though, once no more men arrive.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ekin-Su is brilliant. Give her the money now imo, just her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Dami is so boring and uncool. No game or charm whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Wife hates Ekin-Su, which is making me love her more! :D

She's great craic!

• Advertisement

Ekin-Su has been god tier television tonight.

BUT... she needed to own it when Davide confronted her.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

That was a **** line she took there though. Shes 100% in the wrong. She should have just owned it.

Davide smelling like roses

Davide saying she is a liar and an actress- spot on fella.

The wheel will turn fully for Ekin Su, make no mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Everything about skin su seems dramatised and acting, although it’s so cringe its entertaining..

I feel Jaques and Paige aren’t getting much screen time and they seems quite close in the kitchen when talking to David’s. I wonder are the producers annoyed that Jaques isn’t causing drama with Gemma so have no interest in him.. hopefully that’s not the case cause I like Paige and Jaques seems nice as well from what we’ve seen..

I don't know if it will. Megan, Maura etc all made it to the final and ended up being exceptionally popular, despite not being favourable at times.

She's already one of the all-time greats. Producers will make sure she goes as far as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Ekin Su is playing these guys like a fiddle. Kissing Jay behind Davide's back, then gaslighting Davide and making him out to be the problem. Hope she lasts playing this risky game atleast till Casa Amor

Not sure if there will be Casa Amor- there was talk it was gone because of their 'wellbeing' etc

Ekin Su is playing a great game and making sure she's creating the drama and getting more screen time.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

I dunno. I felt the whole thing last night was really contrived. Almost like it was scripted. I'm not feeling it! Maybe it's because I'm pretty sure neither of those fellas actually like Ekin Su. She did all the grafting with both! Alot of the islanders are kind of boring this year so Ekin Su is standing out. Only cause it's slim pickings though. She's no Maura Higgins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

Ya, I didn't really enjoy last night's episode either, also felt it was a bit contrived. But I'm going to stick with it, I kinda just put it on in the background and only half pay attention to it. It's chewing gum for the eyes (no thanks, Ted).

Advertisement