Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men No Longer Want to Date, Why?

• 06-06-2022 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I am 27 and I would be interested in knowing why men don’t go into relationships as readily anymore or marry as often as they once did.

I'm told that Irish society has become anti-male and men are avoiding marriage and fatherhood at alarming rates but I think it's more to do with the institutional bias and blatant sexism of laws and practices that have become the norm against men. The numerous reasons are a court system stacked against men in regards to paternity/wider justice issues, a school system which is stacked against men and boys, a hostile work environment to men in many workplaces.

I don't disagree that relationships have their ups and downs but it may help to understand more about what the typical men are going through in this country and why they don’t actually feel and think as much about relationships.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

Comments

Eh, right, OK then.

As it happens, I know a considerable number of young men in the age range from 24-30. All of them are dating or in relationships. Every. Single. One. Of. Them.

The majority are dating or in relationships with women, though about 2-3 are seeing other guys.

None of them would recognise or acknowledge anything you describe in your post about Irish society being anti-male. Some of them, and many of the women of that age I know, would in fact react to your post with words that I won't repeat here because they might conflict with the forum charter.

Is this a personal issue for you?

Reported.

• Administrators Posts: 14,385 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Relationship Issues is an advice forum where posters look for advice on their own specific relationship issue. As your post is more looking for discussion than advice we will lock it.

Feel free to post in another forum, such as The Gentlemen's Club for male opinion or The Ladies Lounge if you're looking for a female perspective.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement