Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wired or Wireless

Options
  • 04-06-2022 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Hi All,

We are in a new build and have wires at the windows and doors and in the hall way. I'm informed that the are for the alarm.

However, when googling (as I know nothing about alarms) it seems everything is wireless nowadays?

What is the main difference, which is better and what's a ball park figure I should be looking at for installation and monthly fee?

Sorry for such basic questions, I just don't have any frame of reference really, never had an alarm system before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭altor

Most alarm systems are hybrid so a mixture of wired and wire free can be added to them.

If your house id wired then yes, go for a wired system.

Wire free is more expensive to get installed as components are more expensive to purchase, also maintenance wise you have batteries in them.

You would need to contact a few installation companies to get pricing as we don't give that out here.

I'm in a similar boat and really struggling to get installers who will use the wires that are already laid!

I'm half thinking of just getting hkc sensors out to every single one of the wired runs, but then joining them up with an AJAX multitransmitter and an AJAX hub.

However that's proving even more difficult to find help with! Would welcome pms from anyone who could recommend anyone in Dublin area who has done similar before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i had the same idea - put up sensors for wired and then get ajax wired option. but the one and only provider in Ireland does not support that. there may be few guys who do this in UK but none this side.

Advertisement