Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRS12255 Clerical Officer Grade III HSE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 markm1994

Someone please answer, we need tips!haha

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Jafin

I mean realistically people who have had the interviews probably won't chime in because then there's a chance they're shooting themselves in the foot by helping you place higher on the panel than them. (I have not had an interview, so I'm not saying that just to cover myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 laurenmegan

Thanks, I was thinking it might have something to do with privacy on the work laptop. Obviously not. Still a coincidence that both work for the HSE & both have had the same issue. Very unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

Every question was based on the competencies in the job description.

I got asked "tell me a time when you went over and above for a customer" and "What things do you think are important when handling patient files"

Go through the job description and think up star responses for every possible sinario and you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AJ767

The usual competency based questions following the details in the guideline booklet. To start they will ask for you to give a quick introduction on yourself and a background on work experience, skills, education etc and then proceed to ask the competency based ones, so for example things like "tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker, how would you go about handling a challenging situation" etc. Just prepare at least 2 examples from each bullet point and remember the STAR method and you'll be flying!

• Advertisement

Just had the interview, was definetly harder than expected with a lot of questions about my skills in database and excel. No idea how i did and i forgot to ask when to expect the results 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1 whit123

What region are you interviewing for? Mine is tomorrow so nervous 😓

Sligo/Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 42 eyeheartcapybara

Be prepared for questions like, "What would you have done differently on reflection?" I was asked that after 2 scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CaramelBiscuit

Had my interview today, went well and time flew by!

Post edited by CaramelBiscuit on

• Advertisement

With this process can you fail the interview or does everyone get an OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LAC95_

Anyone hear back after interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hany3hp

I had my interview on 6th. Any idea on how many days do they take to give out the results of the interview.

they were finishing up a batch of interviews this week, said it may take a few weeks to hear back but we would receive some sort of correspondence at some stage after interview

Do you know if its a pass/fail result?

I’m so impatient waiting to find out after the interview 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

Please don't be pinning your hopes on this panel. It has been closed since the announcement in October.

Not a single job from all the regions has been posted. I contacted them and they said they have no idea what is going to happen to the panel only that a complete freeze is in place, however there are temp roles being advertised by lots of different recruitment agencies.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mc123

I would second what @twoelles has siad, I'm on the original panel of this campaign and on the garde IV one to and there has been no movement since october. Before October it was posting up to 5 or more job posts per month in my selected regions. I don't know this for certain but would guess the original panals would proceed this new one when posts are being offered in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ainesinead

Ah thats very disappointing to hear, why would they go ahead with online testing and interviewing processes if there's a freeze on hiring 😕 really had my hopes up for a job 😕

• Advertisement

Friend of mine is a grade 7 in Leitrim. He said there's a huge amount of vacancies that need to be filled especially grade 3s. Its likely when they stop the freeze in the new year theres going to be a lot of jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi all

No news yet on the freeze being lifted for 2024 as update from the union have strikes planned for January 2024

Has anyone even heard back from interview?

Nope, didn’t expect to at this stage anyway usually takes a while and with it being Christmas they said it would more than likely be after if we were to hear back

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ECCE1C

Has anyone received any correspondence re results yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ainesinead

I received my interview results this morning, no. 73 for Dublin North...anyone any idea if that's ridiculously low on the opportunities for jobs?

Received mine this morning, got a yes for Carlow/Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ludusv

Got a no for me, for dublin.. i scored two topics below 40.. minimum to qualify.. one 35 and other 37.. nonsense.. will anyone request a review? If someone will, what should write for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 happybuddy

Got results, a 34.0 in Galway, don't really know what that means though!

Advertisement