Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LSL mart app

• 31-05-2022 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed lately that there is few marts with no historical sales in there catalogue. This was a good way of getting a fell for prices at these marts. You could also look around at what cattle were making in different marts.

Castleisland have been this way a long time. But now I see Tipperary mart and Kingdom Coop mart is that way as well

If you have the premium service it's what you are paying for. What is the reason for this. Another thing I noticed is that one marts is putting the buyers Identity up after online sale. Is this common place

Slava Ukrainii

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,065 ✭✭✭✭Base price

I noticed previously that a mart who displayed the sellers name & address online didn't have the video playback function although the details, price etc were still available in a list form.

I don't think it's anyone's business who the buyer is and showing their identity could put people from buying, having said that if you stand in a mart office for a while you will hear that it's one of the most asked questions to the staff - who bought my cattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Would never ask who bought me cattle, generally you would know when you hear the pen number called.. if someone I know buys them then I would always give them a luck penny. Especially the lads that are spending other people's money as I think they are then more inclined to bid for my cattle the next time if they know they get a droppise.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Gortnalea has play back function but it doesn't display sellers details so that is not the reason.

Slava Ukrainii

I just had a look at Castleisland and I see what you mean - there are "no records found". You could email LSL and ask them why. There isn't much point in paying a monthly fee for their premium service if the information is no longer available to view.

ContactUs@lslauctions.com

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭leoch

How much is it for the premium service and can u look back at marts that were on weeks ago or type in a lot number from a mart weeks ago to see who bought that lot number

• Advertisement

I think it 6/month or 65 euro for twelve months. Ya I have looked back 2-3 weeks bit generally I only ever loos at the last mart. It gives you an idea what way prices are at different marts and the quality there.astvuear I only paid monthly for 4-5 months, however I took out a twelve month subscription in late April this year.

Slava Ukrainii

Is it OK if I pm u bass with a mart and lot number I want to know who bought a particular heifer???

Marts do not have that detail on there sales details. It is only a feature in one mart, where I heard it is displayed on the ring boards after the sale if bought online.

A lot of marts do not even go e slers details now

Slava Ukrainii

It's the audio I want u to hear and the name of the buyer I know the lot number and mart

It's highly unlikely you will hear the name of the buyer as the auctioneer normally either turns off the microphone or covers it with his hand when he tells the clerk who the buyer was.

• Advertisement

I presume they don't type in the name of the buyer if the lot is bought ringside 🤨

Edit to add - I personally believe that there is a concerted effort by some dealers and one particular auctioneer at a mart to do everything they can to stop online bidding. The auctioneer refuses to connect the microphone into the online system so when watching online you can only hear a muffled/echo/noise in the background and the camera is placed at the worst possible angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭DBK1

At the very start of the online sales when the auctioneers were only getting used to the setup you might have heard the odd name being given to the clerk but that certainly doesn’t happen now, and rightly so.

All the marts up our way name has to called out when animals bought online or ringside

Dealers are really browned off over online bidding. There was a large cohort making big money out if it.

First the dealer that used to pick up smaller cattle for people now find these lads are buying online themselves. Buyers are realising how easy it is to buy your own cattle. Even if you get caught with a bunch it's no different to being caught by a dealer offloading expensive cattle he got caught with. As well lads that used to sell.off the farm now know that there is more honest bidding all the time.

The need dealers to buy finished cattle for processor's is gone as well. A procurement manager can buy away in the office if he needs cattle.

There was a large cohort of lads making a living around the ring who's living is gone. These were lads not really farming just turning stock. If you are a dealer now unless you are a competent farmer as well you will not be making a wage around the ring.

Even the large feedlots are buying the cattle themselves. Every where there was a bib to be made by dealers is squeezed except for the cows. The cull cows is the only place they still hold sway simply because they're harder to judge.

However you be surprised by some farmers that still think you cannot judge cattle online. It's just a matter of training your eye in.

I was talking to a farmer that has a large land bank. He runs cattle extensively. He says it's the best thing ever. He no longer needs to spend days in the mart to buy a few cattle. He says that a few dealers are very sour with him. If he bidding on cattle now there is nobody waving there hands to stop him

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭DBK1

I’d be watching different marts up and down on the various apps and have never heard this, except the very odd occasion when maybe the auctioneer would forget to cover the microphone but if that’s the way it happens around you then I stand corrected.

I know I certainly wouldn’t but from any mart that calls out the buyers name online and I’d imagine a lot of other lads would be the same so they’d be seriously reducing they’re customer pool by doing that.

@Bass Reeves will you try it out for Leoch to see if you can find that info, just for the craic!? I don’t have the premium service or I’d check myself.

I cannot see buyers details. When online started first auctioneer's would a bounce the buyers name if ringside it the own number. They always just announced online if it was an online bidder.

Recently they cover or switch off the microphone before telling the lad on the labtop who bought the lot.

Leoch can pm me the details and I will check. However I would be surprised if I found any details to match buyer.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Recently in the mart and a buyer for stud farms was watching two other marts at the same time as bidding at the ring, told me he had a worker in the other marts looking at the cattle for him and giving him the lot numbers for his type of cattle. A neighbour who buys all U grade forward heifers is buying in four other marts besides the two he attends on line and is very happy with what he is getting and the marts line up the transport for him. He use to buy off two dealers from the west and always got a couple of heifers on the load he wouldn’t buy himself. Now he is in total control of buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

It’s a 2 stage process over a couple of apps but you can see online who bought your stock.

Advertisement