Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infrared heating with solar

Options
  • 31-05-2022 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi, can anybody who has used infrared with solar over winter post how it is against oil and gas cost wise. I am thinking of getting something installed for next winter, I have a 5kw system with 10 kw of batteries and want to get away from fossil fuels.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

I'd like to hear peoples input in this option too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

You won't have the production from the panels in the winter, you could try filling your battery on night rate but 10kwh wont last long heating infrared heaters and covering base loads.Maybe look at the heat pump option if you want to discontinue fossil fuels, make sure your insulation is up to scratch first.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭con747

Interested about this as well.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Savetheplanet

Hi, my night time base load is 150-200w and I would only be looking at about 7-8 infrared panels of about 750-1000w each and would only be using 3-5 max at any one time, and I only use oil heating for approx 4 hours a day. I just can't find anyone who has gone down that route to get information about the costs and efficiency of them. I have good insulation but could not afford the crazy prices of heat pumps.

Advertisement