Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance Renewal - Can I just use a new online quote?

Options
  • 30-05-2022 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭

Hi, I got my insurance renewal and I know I can get around 100 off if I just do an online quote with the same company.

Is there anything stopping me doing this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Call your insurance company and tell them that their system is giving you a quote of €100 less than your renewal. Ask them to match it and if they don't, just shop around and find a better quote elsewhere. Loyalty gets you nowhere with Insurance companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

I am with zurich via chill. Renewal this week is 600 euro. I rang Zurich, quoted me 506 for same policy. I didnt bother ringing chill. Their blurb says "we checked 20 insurers....." Obviously didnt check hard enought......

• Registered Users Posts: 81,471 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes similar experience myself, I usually try direct with all those that Chill quote, sometimes works out cheaper going direct with the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Allinall

I do this virtually every year. I've been with the same insurer for the last three or four years, as they always come in cheapest. Their online quote as a new customer is always cheaper than the renewal.

Never an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,385 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

That's because it's when you're renewing, is really when Chill make their money

It's likely that difference in price (€94) is going into Chill's pocket. You could probably have gotten Chill to knock a few quid off it, but yes, once renewals are in-play you'd be better off going direct

My last 3 years of Insurance have been Liberty (direct), Liberty (via Chill) and now Liberty (direct) again

• Advertisement
Advertisement