Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its hard lads

Options
  • 28-05-2022 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Just broke up with the GF because I am an awfully hard person to get along with and we didn't really work out.

I don't really have any friends and I don't talk to my family too much. How do yis get by? Its so lonely and depressing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭briany

OP, if you're serious about what you just wrote, you might be better off putting this in the Personal Issues forum, where you're more likely to get constructive answers and not 'have you tried drinking and masturbating?' or some such.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Dublinandy3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,944 ✭✭✭circadian

Have you tried drinking and masturbating?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 johnny five

Well to be fair sometimes those kind of answers are exactly what's needed. To know that you are not the only person going through the same thing and to not take things so seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,644 ✭✭✭✭briany

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

It can be very hard at times all right, but like everything else in life things get a bit easier from time to time. Light at the end of the tunnel. Don't be afraid to talk to someone. I know people might have their own opinions on counselling but I'd definitely give it a go, great to talk to someone who is just there to listen.

Had a few bad break ups in my time, world ending stuff, was in a bad way, just took it one day at a time though and after a while I noticed things were getting a bit better.

Also you're probably not as bad as you think to get on with, if people think that way then they'll make their own mind up, don't make it for them.

Picked a few acres of stones a few years back, more stones than earth. Jesus I thought I'd never get through it. Did a little square every night. Just tipping away. Grass looks savage on it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Personally I think the immediate post breakup phase is great. You’re free, enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,080 ✭✭✭pgj2015

At least we aren't in a Covid lockdown now, so you can hit the pubs and clubs and go on the pull. Be careful though as there is monkeypox in Ireland now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Dry your eyes mate..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,265 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

That suggestion is not as easy to pull off as might appear at first (no pun intended)

I always find that the barman ends up shouting at me to stop or has me put out of the pub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Afternoon fella,

Sorry to hear about that break up, its crap isnt it? You are grieving and are then faced with all this spare time on your hands that you would have allocated to the other half. Those feelings go away after a while and will subside.

Nowt wrong in using this as a time of self reflection, the missus might have said things in the heat of the moment to hurt you and cast aspersions about your charachter, thats just her anger maybe which has caused you to think like this.

Certainly the friends matter - maybe with this time that might be freed up now throw yourself into a big of volunteering and I tell you why, the sense of inner peace that comes in from helping others contributes to quelling that storm that brews inside of emotions. (www.activelink.ie is a good idea). Volunteering also allows you to connect with people which might open up oppostunities for you.

My last break up f***ed me over badly as I caught the other half cheating, nearly destroyed me but I crawled my way back up. Got a promotion, travelled the world, made some new friends and kept my older friends and set up a social group and a few other things.

Keeping busy was the key for me, spoke with a counsellor in work to tackle some of the grief / hurt inflicted .

You wont see it now but in a year things should be different...big virtual hugs lad x

I tell the bar man to wear a visor to stop him going blind

• Registered Users Posts: 19,265 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Full face guard in case he gets shot in the eye

Funnily enough, he tells me to stop it or I'll go blind

Oh do you check if they need latex sensitive gloves before hand>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

As its After Hours there are only two options..

Blast something with piss

Or

Kick something in the face

(I miss @facekicker)

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

I take it she dumped you. If that's the case and you want her back it's a lose lose situation. You can mope and sniff around her like a lost puppy and she will lose even more respect for you even though she might be sympathetic. Man up and show you're fine and she is going to start getting interested in you again. Except you will have lost respect for her.

Man Up? What are we i the 1960's? Its the 21st century

@OP if you feel bad and need to cry, talk to friends etc do that, nothing wrong in a man displaying emotions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Maybe he didn't get the memo going around that we are supposed to be a bunch of wusses?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Focus on yourself. Try to improve yourself to the best you can be. Make no contact with her going forward. Start focusing on work, your physical condition/appearance, lifestyle, hobbies and network. Maybe hit the gym hard - get your energy into something positive.

Nobody cares as much about you as you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭sporina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,897 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Wordle 345 4/6

🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛

⬛🟨🟨⬛🟨

⬛⬛🟨🟨🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Advertisement