Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident on Luas-was driver right?

Options
  • 28-05-2022 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

Was sitting near the driver facing backwards.

Luas braked suddenly and abruptly at the stop.

Heard the driver grumbling in his cabin. The driver opens his cabin door and at the same time a woman enters the Luas. He shouts at her. (I think what may have happened is that the woman was walking across the lines and maybe did not hear the honk of the Luas and maybe did not even look up-something like that. But I don't know because I did not see it. )

The woman retorts with words to the effect 'why are you shouting at me/showing me up in front of people (by shouting at me).'

As it happens there were security guards on the platform, who certainly would have heard the driver, and a female security told the woman to get off which the woman did.

I think it very unprofessional of the driver to lambast a passenger like that in front of people. Shameful in fact.

The security guard told the woman to get off but I don't know why.

It is a pity I did not actually see the incident myself but the woman might have been worse for wear. However when she came onto the Luas I did not see any evidence of that.

If I was the woman I would have asked the security guard why I was being told to get off the Luas and to ask if it is ok for Luas driver to shout at people.

Comments

Advertisement