Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ray Liotta died

Options
  • 26-05-2022 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭

Ray Liotta, star of Goodfellas and a ton of other movies has died age 67.

Sky news reporting it.

Rip dude. Good actor.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

A sad day. Will watch Goodfellas and Copland this weekend.

I don't think he had been in the best of health the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭greasepalm

RIP and thanks for the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,355 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Sad news. Seen him in a few things lately and he was looking really old.

But to have left behind that performance in Goodfellas, he'll always be remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Gusser09

You're a pistol, you're really funny. You're really funny.

Tommy DeVito What do you mean I'm funny?

Henry Hill It's funny, you know. It's a good story, it's funny, you're a funny guy.

[laughs] 

Tommy DeVito What do you mean, you mean the way I talk? What?

Henry Hill It's just, you know. You're just funny, it's... funny, you know the way you tell the story and everything.

Tommy DeVito [it becomes quiet]  Funny how? What's funny about it?

Anthony Stabile Tommy no, you got it all wrong.

Tommy DeVito Oh, oh, Anthony. He's a big boy, he knows what he said. What did ya say? Funny how?

Henry Hill Jus...

Tommy DeVito What?

Henry Hill Just... ya know... you're funny.

Tommy DeVito You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

Henry Hill Just... you know, how you tell the story, what?

Tommy DeVito No, no, I don't know, you said it. How do I know? You said I'm funny. How the **** am I funny, what the **** is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

Henry Hill [long pause]  Get the **** out of here, Tommy!

Tommy DeVito [everyone laughs]  Ya motherfucker! I almost had him, I almost had him. Ya stuttering prick ya. Frankie, was he shaking? I wonder about you sometimes, Henry. You may fold under questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Fûck, an excellent actor… he had certainly aged but he was filming a movie actually on location when he died… I’d have imagined and have read that actors committing to a project of that scope and investment would require a medical before filming…. For insurance and the finances of the film..Maybe he did but his problem wasn’t picked up… either way, a fine actor who made his mark in cinema…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Sad to hear this, Goodfellas was a great, and he had some other good ones too. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 85,888 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

"We always called each other goodfellas. Like you'd say to somebody: You'll like this guy. He's all right. He's a goodfella, one of us."

• Registered Users Posts: 55,165 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Was his goodfellas giphy the most used ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Got a real shock when RTE wedged that into the end of the 6 news.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,202 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Damn you 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Sad news, he was a very fine actor. He played the villain roles especially well. 67 is too young. RIP!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,698 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

He'll be remembered for Goodfellas, but I thought he was very good in Identity and I'll never forget a certain scene in the Hannibal movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭jasonb

He was excellent in Goodfellas, but he'll always be Shoeless Joe to me. Great actor with a lot of charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Just watching Goodfellas on DVD now.

Some of the nicknames wouldn’t be acceptable today, like Fat Andy and Frankie the Wop. 😏

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

A fine actor. I hadn't seen him in anything in ages but I rewatched Identity and Field of Dreams last week. I always associate Ray Liotta more with Shoeless Joe Jackson than Henry Hill. I suppose it's from when I was watching movies as a child.

I just realised the lady who played his wife in Goodfellas also played the shrink in The Sopranos. D’oh!

Yeah, he was great in Cop Land and Narc too. All good things come to an end, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Voiced one of the best GTA characters in the best GTA game. And Goodfellas. That's how I remember him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,754 ✭✭✭✭elperello

RIP

A very able actor and such a good looking man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

not the greatest of actors it must be said - BUT for Goodfellas alone he shall always be remembered, he nailed that part

*he always had a fondness for eyeliner?

anyway may he RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sad news, I remember seeing him in a little known movie called Something Wild with Jeff Daniels, I think he plays the father of Johnny Depp's character in Blow too, also loved Goodfellas.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Copland was an under rated movie. He gave a great performance as did Stallone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,265 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I heard the mob are very PC these days. Everyone going on about the woke mob anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Muppets from space. A great cameo. So many movies. Goodfellas yeah, but still so many cool movies.

RIP Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

RIP....have to say I loved him in everything I ever saw him in...he had incredible screen presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,397 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Rest in Peace Ray Liotta. 67 as well, he's the same age as my parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Someone posted this on reddit a while ago made me laugh.

TLDR, met him backstage a little drunk at a concert and helped walk him to his limo. 

Kind of a funny story…met him when I was 16 after my friend and I snuck back stage at a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert. It was an outdoor venue and stage was up this big hill, the concert ends and somehow we still hadn’t got caught (this was early 2000’s) when my friend spots him and says “holy f*ck that’s the guy from goodfellas!”

It was our fav movie so I walked up, asked if he was Ray Liotta - of course it was, can’t really mistake him for anyone else haha - and just said how big of a fan I was of him. He said thank you and all that and as I was about to walk away he put his arm around my shoulder and then his entire body weight onto me and asked if we could help walk him to his limo. He, uhh, must’ve had a little too much to drink that night and needed help down the hill 😂😂

So for about 15 mins walking through a crowd of people my friend and I had Ray Liotta on our shoulders chatting about high school, sports, fav bands, music, etc. it was surreal. We got to his limo said goodbye and he plopped in and went on his way. 

My friend and I were so giddy we went straight home and put the goodfellas dvd in and watched it till like 3am.  

Anyway, thought that would make some of y’all laugh a bit. He was not just a great actor but a truly good and down to earth person as well.  

RIP Ray

Advertisement