Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feel so unmotivated

Options
  • 26-05-2022 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Currently work in a company but employed through an agency. I have been working in the same company for almost two years, still on contract with just two weeks left.

There was a permanent position going in the company and I never got it. Despite everyone telling me I should because I was there the longest through the agency. They skipped me and employed two more people, while they still have none months left on their contract with the agency.

I have never had an issue with my work. I have met targets and went above targets, I done overtime when needed. And they just skipped right by me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mmc2010

Hi BagsOfGold, did you ask why they skipped you? You've nothing really to lose. And if they say that you're lacking in a specific area, get that experience or maybe work on your interview skills. Saying that, its a worker's job market at the moment. Move company and gain new and slightly different experience elsewhere so that when it is time to move again, you have a varied cv and can share best practices in your new company. Don't see this as a negative, there are loads of jobs out there at the moment with the opportunity to increase your salary. Best of luck!

Advertisement