Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GUI card needed for Open Comp as a visitor?

Options
  • 25-05-2022 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Wondering what the situation is if you want to enter an open comp at an other club, but have no GUI Card (lost), but have GUI membership. Anyone know if it would be acceptable to show GUI details from Golf Ireland app or HowDidIDo Handicap Cert instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

You should be fine. Usually you only need to enter your number into the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Yeah, I've never been asked to show my card, just log in to the comp through the computer, or if they're a bit more old fashioned, sign in on a sheet with your details.

Pretty sure if you get on to your home club they can get a new card issued for you

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

All you need is your golf ireland number. I have never been asked for my physical card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just your number to log in, only time I've been asked for card is when playing bigger courses who offer Golf Ireland (new name for GUI) rates

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement