Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laminate flooring got rained on

Options
  • 24-05-2022 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was unloading 50 boxes of laminate flooring into the house this morning when the rain came. Some of the boxes got fairly well rained on, all were still wrapped in plastic, but some had little holes and tears, where water has gotten in. How likely is this to cause problems, and is there anything I can do to minimise any problems that may arise??

Should I strip the plastic off of all the boxes to allow the moisture to evaporate?

Thanks in advance

TF

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭C. Eastwood

TheFarrier.

Read the instructions

Most flooring laminate state that it should be unwrapped and exposed to the internal environment of the rooms where it is to be laid for a few days, before fixing in place

The room should be dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

OP, if im understanding you right and you mean that you had some boxes in the garden just off a truck, and it was just a few minutes of rain drops while you are moving them.. you've absolutely nothing to be concerned about. If the wood gets drops on it, its absolutely nothing to think about. It would only be a problem if they were left in a damp place for a long time or if they got pretty soaked (like a bucket of water was throwing on each pack at the sides).

if you feel some boards got a bit more wet than others, just put them in a dry room (not on a radiator) and they will be completely fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Thats what happened alright. It was a bit more than a few drops, was a good heavy shower, but got them indoors as quick as I could, and as I was drawing them upstairs out of the hallway I stripped the wet packaging off of any boxes that got properly wet.

Thanks for your reply.

Advertisement