Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was my thread in motors closed on a whim?

Options
  • 22-05-2022 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I don’t think it’s good how moderators (who are supposedly impartial) can close threads on a whim just because they “don’t like” the topic even if it didn’t fall afoul of any site wide or sub forum rules.

Lightning has ignored my PMs.

As a side note, I honestly don’t see why PMing mods should be a first step, when in my two experiences using this where I was unfairly and unknowingly banned from AH for ridiculous reasons the mod of AH only saw fit to respond to my PM when I stared a thread days after being ignored which was backed up by another poster and in my second (this one) where my thread was arbitrarily closed and no reason by pm or otherwise offered.

You aren’t making the website attractive to use. Its only been a few days for me here and I can see that already.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭busy bee 33

Before you interject with the chestnut “mods are busy”, the ones in question have posted several times outside the capacity of a moderator so a bit of courtesy to a answer moderator queries wouldn’t go amiss.

If I don’t receive a response within 24 hours I will assume lightning simply forgot about this and I will post the thread again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Because then new people don't realise they've screwed up and that there's any structure to the site. It's also common that when we move it, and comment that it's moved, the lost poster then starts derailing their own thread either apologising for the mispost, or confused asking what it means that it's moved etc. So when people do dumb things like trying to continue obviously wrongly posted threads, those posts are just deleted, and the new user is sent on the right way.

And the old Vbulletin based platform was far superior though not without it's issues, but Vanilla is simply unusable trash.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 649 CMod ✭✭✭✭LIGHTNING

"Lightning has ignored my PMs"

It may come as a surprise that us mods aren't paid to do this and we have personal/professional lives as well. So we aren't on call 24/7 to answer every PM. It was closed as I suspect that the OP was/is our serial troll who keeps creating very similar threads. I still am not sure if you are this person. This is why it was closed, I also think the topic is a real low hanging fruit and its the exact type of topic I'd expect a troll to post.

• Advertisement

Why couldn’t you send me a PM originally outlining your decision to close the thread? It would’ve taken seconds.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Moved from Feedback

Are you referring to the thread where the mod posted

"Closed for review"?

If you are there is a clue in that post

And do not bring up your AH ban again other than in your thread in the Dispute Resolution Forum

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can posters other than the OP/relevant Mod/CMod please refrain from posting in this thread

More posts deleted

Please note PMs cannot be posted here without the permission of the sender. They can be posted in the Dispute Resolution Forum if they relate to the disputed warning or ban

OP you also ignored my instruction not to refer further to your appeal against your AH ban in this thread. Do not do so again

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement