Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding on a Budget

• 21-05-2022 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Can anyone tell me is it even possible to have a wedding in Ireland for €3,000 or less? We’d like a venue for the ceremony + reception. Max 30 guests and would do a buffet rather than sit down meal. Am I being unrealistic in thinking that it’s possible on a small budget? Not having much luck looking online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Xidu

If you rent a outdoor place and prepare food by a cater?

might Be no budget for a lot of wine or drinks. Band, dance…

you will need to do the flowers part yourself?

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I know it's been done by a couple I know, so it's manageable.

They did a zero frills registry office ceremony with a registrar on a weekday. Dress from Monsoon (on sale) no flowers, bridesmaids, or any of the other stuff. They got a restaurant that seats 30 or so that were willing to open early, did a set meal at 4pm then onto a pub afterwards - no entertainment other than the pub vibe. They did lay on finger food from the pub later in the evening. It was a fab wedding and all the guests loved it. They had a really wonderful wedding day themselves and are no less married than anyone who spent 30k.

They didn't go to 'wedding' venues though - and that's probably where you aren't seeing much options. Those venues follow a format and charge accordingly. Whereas if you got your own favourite restaurant to open at 4pm instead of 7pm, block book the whole place for a set price and set menu, you could probably do it easily enough.

Beware though that doing things yourself like flowers, cake, pew ends it usually doesn't work out cheaper in the long run - home made stuff can often result in being more expensive than commercially produced items. I've done a lot of my own bits for the wedding and tracked the cost of them and well...if I was doing it to make savings, I'd have failed miserably.

My wedding cost 2500 euros, totally doable. Registry Office in a country house, photographs in the grounds later, nice dinner for select guests afterwards in a decent establishment (not one that usually does weddings). My family organized a cake. It was a great day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Yeah leaning towards this ourselves. Hotels charge through the nose. Getting married in Ardgillan Castle, 45 guests, then afters. I really don't want to go to a hotel. .

Anyone know any good place in North Dublin to feed 45 guests and has room for dancing?

Advertisement