Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NDLS Proof of Address wont accept bank statement or PSC????

Options
  • 20-05-2022 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

My son is trying to get his drivers license online but he NDLS are f**king him around I feel and I am about to explode myself.

He has sent them in all the required forms he has a public services card, sent them in a bank statement, insurance cert with his name on it, letter from the school all have which they have told him were not acceptable but are on their approved list of documents.

WTF is the problem here if they don't accept a bank statement I actually dont know where to go next with this. 😡😡😡

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is your son renewing his licence and does he have a mygovid account set up 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Hes doing it online and has his mygov account setup...(I'm sure he has) they just want evidence of proof of address. And they said a bank statement is not good enough. But if thats not then wtf is...

Sorry he's getting his first licence. He has just passed his test

OK assuming he has the mygovid account set up, from what i can see.

A. Proof of Address can not be older than 6 months old

B. The proof of address must have the same address as the one when the applicant first applied for a PSC (I know sounds odd but that's the Rule)

C. Bank statements are listed as being acceptable.

So at a guess, check the statement is no older than 6 months and the Address matches the address he used when applying for PSC

Double check he has a mygovid account but I presume he does as he'd not get to the stage of uploading proofs.

They appear to be rejecting the actual bank statement submitted, Date, Address etc, I also believe IBAN must be visible, not rejecting the use of a bank statement.

Post edited by Dempo1 on

Bank statement is 2 days old with IBAN etc on it. Need to check his mygov account to make sure that is the correct address. But he only applied for the PSC 3 or 4 weeks ago to get the licence...

• Advertisement

Oki Doki, But I checked and they definitely accept bank statements. Hopefully you'll get it resolved 😏

Actually it's just occurred to me you say they are not accepting the PSC either 🤔 this suggests that maybe because its relatively new, perhaps NDLS systems are not picking it up or the mygovid account , just a guess though . I'm just wondering did your son apply for the Driving license before mygovid fully set up 🤔

I think we got to the bottom of it..my young fella sent them an email asking WTF is wrong with the bank statement and they came back to him and when they say the bank statement is an unacceptable proof of address what they ACTUALLY mean is..... the address on the bank statement and what's on the mygov (or NDLS) account are slightly different and are not word for word EXACTLEY the same.

I live in the country side and my address is long. House name, road name, small village name, big village name, then county. One of the address didn't have the small village name but anybody with common sense would know they were the same address 😡🤬

IF they came back and said they don't match that would be one thing and we would have sorted it.... but this has been going on for 2 weeks back and forwards..... saying it was unacceptable giving no reason.

I am a bit f**king mad and its taken 3 turns to pass his test and this whole process is even more annoying. You just cant walk into the NDLS anymore and get it sorted. Anyway I am leaving it all up the the young fella to sort it himself its a good lesson in dealing with Irish bureaucracy...

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

One case where the Eircode would come in handy if utilities, banks, Govt depts would all use it.

Provides a unique identifier for every property

100412.2526@compuserve.com

I thought as much and it's mind boggling, I too live rural, I live nowhere near a particular town and yet it appears on bills, the same issue arises when say calling utility companies when your asked to verify your address.

I wonder would they accept the letter sent to your son with Pin to set up mygovid account, they say letters from revenue, SW are acceptable so perhaps they might accept the letter if he still has it, obviously redact the PIN.

I'm not sure how a person goes about updating or correcting an address that was used to get a mygovid ID account, surely people change addresses all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

I had the exact same issue with NDLS and it came down to one person's interpretation of a townland as an address. My address has two versions and our postlady never fails to deliver BUT NDLS had a different interpretation. Pain in the hole!!!!

Does NDLS use Eircode?? My young fella said NDLS doesnt use Eircode (or maybe MyGov) and all the rest of the docs we sent in had Eircodes.

Very frustrating. anyway we will get it sorted eventually...I'm more sick of driving him everywhere and I just want him to drive him self..

So a day after contacting my TDs, VOILA!

"Your application has been approved we will now proceed to issue your driving licence/learner permit."

🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

I take it if I'm applying to renew and update my licence I will have to actually go to an NDLS office, So my old paper licence is up next January so would need a medical plus have the D category to add on.

Just renewed my paper license last month. Just rock up with proof of address and ID. No need for medical unless you specifically need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Have the truck licence which requires a medical plus adding the Bus.

Advertisement