Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS application conditions

Options
  • 20-05-2022 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Novice when it comes to TAMS matters. Have green cert and "more than the 5 hectares owned" to my name. Can I erect a 3-bay slatted shed, meal bin and a silage slab on the family farmyard which isn't in my name? Or what needs to be done first? I don't yet have a herd number and I'd like to avoid partnership as long as possible as tax would be an issue with off-farm income.

Also given that there are TAMS reference costs, does there be much competition between different builders or do they mainly stick to the terms (I'm aware some costs have gone above reference costs).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭epfff

You need herd number and the livestock to justify the works you intend to carryout. Any capital expenditure must be on your own property or have a long term lease in place.

The reference costs only relate to the maximum costs the grant will be awarded on. I doubt any building contractors know nor care what they are. Last project I priced up the reference cost were much lower than the actual costs.

If tax is an issue(you pay a lot) the grant isn't as attractive as to someone who is paying little or no tax imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭DBK1

As Epff said you need to be on the herd number and have the stock. But you also have to be on the bank account as well with a proportion of all farm profits accounted to you and if you are applying as a young farmer you need to be able to prove you are actively involved in the running of the farm, i.e. you have the responsibility to be able to make the decisions and you’re working on the farm.

You will also have to have planning permission for before grant application.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Stationmaster

I might piggyback on this topic too please. Just starting out as well but not a qualified young farmer. What's the minimum amount of cows and/or sheep you need to have to apply/qualify? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Fine Day

Part time farmer here. Finished a 3 bay slatted unit last year with the the grant as a young farmer. Definitely worth all the effort. I have a mighty shed out of it great pleasure last year, and the extra slurry is a great help also. Have rubbers for the slats ordered in the last few weeks but unfortunately not grant covered. I had to get a certified copy of my land deed to get the grant. Best person to chat to is an ag advisor, he or she will answer all your questions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement