Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it easy to switch careers from construction to something office based?

Options
  • 18-05-2022 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I'm 35 and getting tired of the construction industry, the travel, the hourly wage, the physicality of it.

I want to get a job that is more secure, that is salary based, maybe includes health insurance. I just feel I've been on sites for so long that I wouldn't be considered for an office role. I would not mind doing a course of some sort but would not fancy going back spending time and money doing a few years in college.

This is probably more of a question for a guidance counsellor but all advice would be welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

If you are a set out engineer or surveyor you could look at public jobs in GIS or Survey, either with local authorities or mapping agencies?

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

Construction Project manager, you can still get onsite but don't have to be lifting. Sitting in the office all day will soon grind you down as quick as laying blocks

Advertisement