Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chimney cowl H.

Options
  • 18-05-2022 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all,

hope all is well.

Can i ask for a bit of info / help please.?

Im looking to buy a chimney H cowl, in 316L stainless steel. (not 316.)

But im having a game finding any.

its for the parents place, & they had (or so they was told when they brought it) they had a H cowl 316 stainless steel, & it lasted max max 4 yrs & its basically rusted like an old piece of mild steel.

I went into a steel yard (in limerick) great guy that i was talking to in there, seems old school. I been in there before last yr for some thick plate steel.

yeah,..he said only go 316L as it will be the best you'l get.

I can locate 1 in the uk & at a decent cost, but they ship it...doh!

Any of know of any place's to locate a 316 L s/s H cowl,?

or a idea of a cost to make it, so if i go into the metal yardi wont get a shock.

thanks all.

talk to you soon. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I can't help you with the local supply but wanted to point out that it's possible to get items delivered to a locker in the North. You can then collect it. There are also companies that will ship it from the locker to your home address for around €25. The first option is 100% legal. The 2nd option is a grey area so I'm not posting any links

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭giesha

sorry all.........

just read my post,

so sorry,..i put..     I can locate 1 in the uk & at a decent cost, but they ship it...doh!

I meant to put..... they dont ship...

sorry for any confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Ah. I thought they wouldn't ship it to Ireland but would to the UK. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭giesha

hi sleeper12,

thanks a lot for the info.

i've never used a locker, ive heard of it, & seen something (can't remember where it was now..) so i wouldn't have a clue about how you'd go about doing / using that.

i just find it strange that i cant locate a H on the internet. 

i've even emailed the place's that sell the 316 H cowl to ask them what grade there selling in-case they mean L,

thanks for the info sleep12.

Advertisement