Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dental Emergency

Options
  • 18-05-2022 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Part of my tooth (lower back left) came out while I was trying to remove something stuck from my teeth.

Two dentists I went to said I'd be waiting four weeks for an appointment and the other was closed.

What are my options now?

There's no blood or pain yet but I haven't tried eating or brushing since.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

There's a terrible backlog in dentists from the pandemic. I was waiting 3 months to see mine for a cap that broke off my front tooth - and then on the day of my appointment, I got a phone call to say the dentist had caught covid and they had to postpone my appointment for another month. So October to February I had to wait.

When I finally got to see the dentist (who I an a regular patient of), she said that she could see it taking a year or more to clear the backlogs (this was in February).

She also admitted that they should have seen me sooner for what was effectively a broken front tooth.

There's only a few things you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Try the VHI Swiftcare emergency dental service if there is one near you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭SeanW

Sorry to hear that OP. Has similar problems myself during the pandemic. Best advice I can give you is to baby that tooth until you can get it seen to. Avoid eating with that side of your mouth and brush it gently.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭corner of hells

OP , you could try tge dental college in Lincoln Place , they do emergency work.You need to give them a call in advance, they'll let you know if they can help.

Failing that , a pliers, bottle of whisky, two friends to hold you down and a third to do the extraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Get some clove oil in case you need it for toothache. Dilute one drop before using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Lisa needs braces.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭hayse

Poteen good pain relief, can post you some op.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

What about St James Hospital? They sort out dental emergencies. Say you are in pain etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,136 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not going to mention our dentist in case he becomes too popular - he's excellent and when i rang them on a monday morning a few months ago, after breaking part of a tooth - was offered an appointment that afternoon if necessary. i was able to leave it to the following morning.

Advertisement