Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What certifications do ESBN require for hybrid inverters

Options
  • 18-05-2022 1:27am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The title says it really, I've been doing some digging around a few different sites, and come across a Taiwanese site (mppsolar.com) that on the face of it has some very interesting inverters, in that they can be paralled off one battery, and provide single phase or 3 phase power, and the basic unit is 5 Kw, so that in theory means that it would be possible to have a system that can provide 5Kw of 3 phase power, with an additional 5Kw available to run single phase items in the house, by using 4 inverters, which could be ideal for a 3 phase heat pump, and still leave capacity for domestic single phase items to run at the same time, with the battery being able to provide power if the panels are not producing enough power, and there is also the option to take power from the grid to support the load, or charge the battery, and it seems from first reading that the inverter can also provide power to the load without the grid working, using battery or generator to support the load, and there is also a facility to feed back into the grid if the system is producing more power than is needed for the local load.

For what I am looking at, that sound ideal, but the catch is I'm not sure if they have irish Certification, they have inverters installed in Germany, so I'm hoping that if they have got them through the certification there, it's a common EU thing, but knowing this country, they will have different rules to the rest of the EU, which might mean that this supplier won't be a runner, I've made initial contact, and they don't have a distributor here in Ireland, which is worrying, and may be another killer.

So, what I'm trying to find out, without much success, is the ESBN requirements for cerfification of devices to be connected to their system, and I can then ask the relevant questions, and get some pricing for the units.

Anyone got any pointers to a relevant document please

Thanks

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Yes, that's a big help, and will allow me to ask the relevant questions.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭B9K9

Cost of accessing those standards is prohibitive, most seem 0ver €100 to buy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Indeed, but no great surprise there, anything like this is deliberately expensive to discourage "casual" users from getting in to it, and maybe finding out what the reality is. The more I look into these things, the less likely I am go with some of them, as it's clear that the Greens and their lackeys are determined to make Solar and other things like it a nice little earner to fund their flights of fancy. SEAI are insisting on a BER after anything is done, even though the existing (valid) BER is already above their minimum requirement, another BER at that time is just a money making exercise for an already suspect and discredited system.

Advertisement