Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy new Phone

• 18-05-2022 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

I used to know every phone and spec and where to buy back in the day but I do not follow that type of thing any more. I haven't even been in this Android devices forum for a long time. My current phone is a OnePlus 6 that I bought cheaper than direct from OnePlus on a Chinese website. It was a Chinese version but was flashed when I got it with the European version of OnePlus's OS. My question is can where can I do the same these days without getting scammed or done for import taxes. There is so many websites these days and I do not know which are the safe ones. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just to add to above I am looking to spend between €400-600 so if you know a better phone than a Oneplus in that price range I am all ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

amazon.de? or .nl?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

If you have revolut you get 15% off on the Samsung Store. Just go to the Samsung store via your revolut app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Check out Hagglezon to compare which Amazon site is cheaper. They are not all same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I buy all my phones SIM free either off Amazon or off the manufacturer directly. It's pretty much the only way to guarantee your warranty will be honoured in Ireland when buying online. I had my OnePlus 7 Pro warranty repaired in Dublin after buying it on Amazon Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭G1032

I've bought 2 phone from Gomibo. Super quick delivery. Good service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,424 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Have you a specific model in mind? Vodafone and Three are selling unlocked Xiaomi phones at the moment, also worth looking at Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Anyone use refurbed.ie? Need to replace a Moto G7 probably for a Samsung. €250 - 350.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

I haven't used them but have been thinking getting an oppo find x2 lately. Not sure if it is worth it though. Almost 500 for a top of the range phone from 2 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Hey there,

Just wondering how you got on. I have a oneplus 6 and am looking to buy something as good now. Have been looking at their Web page for Black Friday deals. Just curious as to what you went with in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭mjp

Interested in similar here too as looking to get new phone with €250-€300 of a budget and hoping to get something in next few weeks in black friday offers online but understand its lot trickier than it was say 2 years ago now with additional import & vat charges form different countries. I Know China is having their singles Day sale this Friday 11/11 which is the start of their sale sin lead up to Black Friday so may be worth keeping an eye out for these online.

Advertisement