Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNTSAT France card with e2 receiver ... How do I configure?

Options
  • 17-05-2022 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have a new TNTSAT France card, and a working enigma2 receiver (it's a Opticum Ax-Odin).

I've tried just plugging the card into the slot, but it doesn't work like that. The box definitely works - I have it connected to a dish with three LNBs, so I get FTA channels on Astra 1, Astra 2 and Hotbird.

I gather there is a way to configure a soft cam on the receiver, so that the card will work, but I can't find any information online about it.

Could anyone tell me the steps I need to take, or direct me to a site or video?

Alternatively, I could go to France and buy another receiver that is already set up to work with the card... But I'd like to buy a box that I can also get the FTA channels on the other two satellites. Does anyone know what specs I would need on such a receiver?

Apologies for my cluelessness, and many thanks for reading this far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭JMcL

It's something I've started to look at again. A few years ago I ended up just getting an official box so we could get the channels, I really wanted to be able to get them on my Vu+ Duo2 to avoid the hassle (the Listo box I have is a slow piece of sh1t3), but at the time there was just no way of doing it. The previous generation of cards (V5) worked great apparently, but around 2016/17 Canal+ started replacing them with V6 cards, and worse, sent them some sort of self destruct signal if they were detected in non-approved hardware, which at €15 a pop (plus the hassle of getting them at all) could work out as an expensive experiment.

I hadn't used the box in a while, but turned it on again at the weekend for the rugby on France 2. The card had expired, though I had a spare (the so-and-sos however limit the amount of time given to activate the thing so the "new" card is giving me less than 2 years ☹️ ). At that point I had a quick look to see if things had changed. The good news is it looks like they may have. though I didn't explore it in enough detail to find out more. I think it's probably against the charter here to refer to any specifics, give links, etc, but a bit of searching on the UK satellite forums should turn up something. Assuming your French is ok, there's a good French (language) satellite forum, dzsat.org, with loads of info about anything AV related in France

Good luck!

Advertisement