Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What Will happen when Generation Rent Retire?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The at risk of poverty rates tell a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,152 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I would say it'sire the couples on 40-70k. This is where you have all the expenses but get little support

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Germany has a stable rent sector with rent control, it can't be compared to Ireland, in regard to housing policy I don't think there's any political support from anyone for an increase in taxs. To go back to the question of generation rent I think young people will vote for left wing party's ,or people who have good qualifications or degrees may choose to go to other country's where its possible for people on 25k or more to buy a house than to stay here paying rent if the housing crisis does not get better.

The problem is we don't know how long the current inflation cycle will last and will the supply chain crisis improve in a few years if you are pessimistic you might say the current rise in prices of basic items food will continue as it reflects the fact that agriculture in some country's is facing a crisis caused by drought lack of water and climate change

One example California is putting in place new restrictions on water use due to a drought which has been getting worse for 2 years

I don't know if even raising taxs would help as we simply do not have the no of building workers we need to for instance build 20 k houses per year

Advertisement