Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster v Stade Toulousain ultimate grudge match

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,112 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Well I wasn’t in a position to either see or listen to the game due to other commitments.

I could only tune in for the evaluation after the game with the two pundits and was quite surprised at how ‘top note’ Cahill got to very quickly.

Apologies if that didn’t meet with your expectations.

I felt Cahill’s ‘contribution’ was worthy of comment as an integral part of the game presentation on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,011 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'll take Irish rugby for $400

"Billy Burns, Ross and Harry Byrne, Jack Carty and probably Ben Healy"

Bzzzzzzzz

"Who are the Irish out-halves who probably couldn't make Furlong's pass to Keenan"

Ding Ding Ding

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ross Molony is just getting better and better. Some of his delayed passing before contact was perfectly timed. I actually think he's better than Furlong in that regard.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It's a home game for me, I live 30 minutes from the Velodrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Very good performance from Leinster. I think Toulouse are just a bit crap though. If they are in the top 4 in Europe, then Europe is really not that good at the moment. Compared to Leinster, their ruck ball was so slow, and they were way less organised on attack. They were fairly ill-disciplined at times too. Still, you can only beat what's put in front of you, and that was comprehensive from Leinster. My MOTM - Henshaw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Lyon, Nice, Beziers (Ryanair used to fly there) may also be options. And sometimes when you add a everything in, charters can be ok value and less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭ersatz

Henshaw was outstanding, getting across the gain line every time, even when he shouldn’t. JGP was so quick, but he made a few uncharacteristic mistakes. That first half was an incredible exhibition of attacking pressure rugby, not sure any team could stay with Leinster playing like that. And still they’ll see areas to improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

No, they were quite obviously fatigued. But calling them 'crap' is absolute nonsense. 7 French grand slam winners mere weeks ago and a slew of excellent foreign players. The reigning champions.

Yes, its now in the season when Irish player management really comes into its own, but Leinster needed more than that, they needed to be excellent as well and so they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,175 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Advertisement

I know Dupont scored a 90m try, but other than that I thought Leinster did an excellent job keeping him quiet. They did such a good job at slowing down Toulouses ruck speed that Dupont never had the chance to pick and snipe around the fringes.

With respect, the Famine is the single greatest tragedy to ever befall Ireland. It destroyed generations of families between death and emigration.

There's also a very strong argument that it caused generational trauma that affected people well into the 20th century. More than 150 years after the event.

If ever there was something that needed remembrance, it's this.

Leinsters average ruck speed for the first 20 minutes was 1.6 seconds. Their average ruck speed for the first half was 2.6 seconds. Both average speeds are I credibly good. As a rule of thumb, anything under 3 seconds is very good. Leinster were well under that.

Their pack was so, so good in recycling the ball and getting it to JGP quickly. The Toulouse defence just wasn't given the opportunity to align itself correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Moloney will surely be touring based off these performances? Delighted for him. Showed up all over the pitch.

Hard to split Sexton and Henshaw but I'd probably just give the edge to the latter for motm. Would love to see his gain-line success numbers today. Felt like he was hammering over every time he touched the ball. Looks like a man who is full of energy and power after a disrupted season.

Really hope Furlong's injury is not as bad as it looked and he can make the final. That pass was ridiculous.

If Leinster play like that again then I just cannot see either remaining side living with them. Speed of play is killing teams. Think La Rochelle stand the better chance of the 2 remaining French teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Toulouse have had a very tough run in to this game and we’re out on their feet fairly early on. Agreed on Henshaw though. Was my MOTM too. His work rate and decision making were superb. For a guy who was I’ll during the week his performance was seriously impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

So I'm guessing you didn't enjoy Furlongs pass?

Ahh, I didn't realise I was responding to one of the occasional reregistration accounts that are there to troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

Leinster would have beaten the all blacks today with that performance.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Tadhg was fired up by the thought of no potatoes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Leinster were always going to hammer them today. I would have said pre game Leinster by at least 15. Leinster have 15 top quality players all over the pitch. It's essentially the Ireland team, just O'Brien and Molony not starting for Ireland.

Everything is set up for Irish success. Our funding and set up is just ideal for our development. The URC/Pro 12 etc. is just not competitive enough to cause issues for Leinster. Plus they have the best coach in europe in Lancaster.

English and French teams are in physical battles every week needing to win while Leinster can send a 3rd team over to SA while the big guns rest up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭OldRio

Fantastic display by Leinster.

As for the coverage on BT? Awful. The choice of camera shots at times was poor. Replays when the game was live.

Rather amateur in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

• Registered Users Posts: 8,191 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Absolutely delighted! Great performance! Sexton showed the other 10's how its done. There's nobody with a shout of him.

Even though we are a lighter, smaller side, we took it to them. Massive collisions and physicality. Pretty smart kicking game too. Conan was immense! Couple of drops that were poor but, everything else was top drawer.

Magnificent effort!

Sounds like a strongly worded letter to Arthur's Ballbag could be in order.

What political movement??

I have never associated famine memorial with any particular political hue in this Country. You're way off in everything you said.

And in what way were Stade Toulousain implicated? For me it was the height of boorish ignorance and whoever thought it up deserves a resounding kick in the sweetbreads.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

People really giving out about commemorating the Famine?

Bore off lads, have a day off.

Boss man, I'm just saying they were each a mass genocide, albeit caused by different motivations.

6 million died and also 1.5 million died. Both deserve absolute solemn respect and memorial. I don't give a brass plated **** what you think the ICC would think of either scenario now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Honestly I thought the game would go well but I genuinely didn’t see a chat about the famine coming. Leinster really can constantly bring us to great places.

Advertisement