Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Captaingoal

@barrier86 What OOM in dublin are you? I got an expression of interest for interview last week but no interview date yet.

@Captaingoal

Did you reply accepting an interview?

If you did, I wouldn't worry to much. I'm.interviewing next week and in 1400's.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Captaingoal

Yes I replied accepting it. Best of luck with your interview! I have a clerical officer interview the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 user1250

Hi can I ask are the current civil service values those that are listed in the civil service renewal- respect, fairness, equality, independence, integrity and impartiality or are these the values they are hoping to achieve by 2030.

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭apkmbarry

They're the values

The renewal plan looks at bringing new ways to work etc with three year action plans working towards the goal. It's pretty concise if you give it a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

Ah so you did not get an email following evettting completion "some departments require additional security checks" - with an additional form to fill in?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ahem123

Got an EOI today from PAS. I'm in the 1600's Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PrettyVisitor58

Has anyone been assigned to the department of children, equality etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jjj555

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 TY76

Hi,

How much certified sick leave is acceptable, when they are checking references?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 lorness

Does anyone know if you use an example for a particular competency however it would also be strong for another one will they look at the interview in its entirety, rather than just marking it solely on the example you used for that particular question?

I can't decide between an example if its better for people management or delivery of result!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭apkmbarry

Some aspects of it may be better suited to one or the other, you could pull out those specifically as opposed to giving the same spiel twice? Also have a backup prepared to make sure you're covered. I'd personally prefer to have one seperate for each, but no reason the same experience can't count for two.

Thanks @apkmbarry I will probably go go with two different examples in case they ask for something different or specific to a job role.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

I think someone else mentioned it was max two weeks per year?

You have to have taken no more than 56 days in the previous 4 years. There are absences that could be discounted for promotional purposes but this decision is made by the CMO based on a report from your doctor but as example a broken arm or leg

In my opinion and from experience talking to managers, most competencies example can be used as an example across all competencies. You just have to look at the meaning of each competency and decide where that example sits the strongest.

But yes , not recommended to use same answer twice.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes, that makes sense, thanks very much for the advice 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kirbi

More than 56 days or 25 instances of sick leave in 4 years (pro-rata when they have less than 4 years service). It's not necessarily relevant if it's certified or not.

It can be discounted, and the HR may require a CMO report but they don't have to. For instance, it's not common for discounting to need a CMO report if the sick leave was pregnancy-related.

Paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9 of Circular 05/2018 apply > https://circulars.gov.ie/pdf/circular/per/2018/05.pdf

I had my interview today so just said I'd give an update.

Have loads of examples they drew from all parts of my employment history and education.

Very fast paced as you won't get a chance to rhyme off a competency.

The board were very nice and did interrupt but only to ask questions or get a specific detail they were looking to capture. So definitely felt it was in a helpful way.

I dont feel like I could of done anymore in terms of prep so hopefully I have done enough to pass. A bit worried about people mgt but wait and see what happens 🤞🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Winter132

Hi, I hope your interview went well! I am wondering if you can give some examples of questions you were asked. Perhaps the questions that you found more challenging?

TIA

Congratulations on getting through it. Thank you for update. Did they say when to expect results?

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cgordy

Hi, hoping some of you could share your experiences to ease my mind :)

I got my EOI on Monday. I'm flying out to Spain on 11th May. What's my likelihood of getting my interview slot before this?

Also if it ends up clashing with my trip do they have any flexibility??

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cocs

I would give them the dates when you accept eoi and see what they say, would be easier for them to accommodate you before the schedule is organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

@lorness I had my interview today too and totally agree with you on everything you said - the interviewers were really nice but it was extremely fast paced and nearly couldn't get a word in on some things I wanted to say! The 45 minutes felt like 15 😂 Wonder if it depends on who is interviewing or is that just the way things are now cos I'm currently a CO and the pace was much better for that interview than the one I had today. Was also surprised as I work in one of the major departments and yet they were sometimes prompting me to give an example of when I worked in the private sector which I didn't prepare much for as I thought they would really want to hear about where I work now. We'll just have to wait for the results I guess!

I agree, let them know now when u are going away and when you are back. They should accommodate you. It happened to me with a previous interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭CW2022

Thank you

@Winter132 Honestly, it was so face paced I can't remember exactly what was asked but I don't recall anything out of the ordinary. I was able to answer everything they asked so I'm basing it on my own experience. They could be out of the ordinary for someone else 🙈

I think this has been mentioned before you should expect the normal interview questions on conflict management, decision making and team work/management and the key responsibilities of the role. If you go back a page or 2 someone has a link to interview possible questions that is quite helpful.

I think the key is to have Lots of examples! Varied examples if possible. Be confident in what you're saying and focus on what you did not the team. I definitely used the WE word a few times and had to keep correcting myself.

The glass of water is needed!

Best of luck!

@imagusaran Well I'm glad I wasn't the only one! Felt like a contestant on the chase at times 🙈

No way I was getting the script out for the competency but as long as we hit the marks 🤞

I was surprised how quick the time went! I could of done with another 45 mins! 🙈

Hopefully we did enough!

Best of luck!

• Advertisement

@becsdan Honestly, they could of but I don't recall and I completely forgot to ask! I think the norm seems to be 2 weeks in or around.

Advertisement