Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you see Star Trek for its 60th Anniversery in 2026?

Options
  • 09-05-2022 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

I think we will still have Lower Decks on season 5 or 6, Prodigy on season 4 and Hopefully Strange New Worlds will still be going strong and taking us on many new weekly adventures.

Maybe we will have has a new film or two in that time as well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Rawr

4 years from now? Hmm...if Discovery follows the 7-Season formula, (which I think they will) that will leave us with SNW, LD and PRD. But something in me wonders if we'll even still have regular Trek up until that point. I'm not one of those doom-sayers who clings onto any notion that "CBS will totally pull the plug on Kurtzman-Trek because of XYZ...etc" but rather I'm wondering if the franchise has enough financial and organisation energy to keep going to 2026 in its current form.

Will Paramount+ still be a thing, or will they be consumed by another group that might not see Trek as a valuable enough to keep going? Someone might decide to give Trek a rest whenever Secret Hideout's franchise deal expires, which might happen before 2026 (don't know).

I am hopeful that we'll still have Lower Decks by then. It feels like Murphy's Law might still claim the one Trek show I continue to look forward to, but I'm guessing it's probably the cheapest Trek show to produce. Strange New Worlds has a good few years to play with before we hit the TOS years, so assuming they can keep the quality up (haven't watched yet), then one can hope / assume that it'll still be around in 2026.

Could we get a movie? That's one thing I've been wondering. What kind of movie would it be? A JJ-verse movie? Or a continuation of the Trek movies we've seen before? There's loads of potential for viewer confusion there if you are not familiar with the various branches of the Trek universe. If they make a "Prime" universe movie, a casual viewer of Trek 09, Into Darkness, Star Trek: Beyond will wonder what the hell is going on. If you make a JJ-Movie...than viewers of the Discovery era shows will wonder what the hell is going on. A bit of a rock and hard place for them there.

I do hope that we'll have Trek in 2026, and as usual I hope for it to be good Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I know where I'll be - On my 5th watch through of DS9, 8th watch through of VOY and around 200th watch through of TNG! 😀

I may not particularly enjoy the modern iteration of Trek but there's something reassuring that it continues finding new audiences and giving the same pleasure the rest of us have gotten from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,645 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I may not particularly enjoy the modern iteration of Trek but there's something reassuring that it continues finding new audiences and giving the same pleasure the rest of us have gotten from it.

Yes there sure is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement