Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Vetting & UK DBS Checks

Options
  • 07-05-2022 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

I have been offered a job with the Department of Transport here in Ireland and I am currently going through the Garda Vetting process. I've been told to expect that they will ask for a criminal record check on every country that I have lived in for more than 6 months. In my case that would be the UK.

I know there's probably two ways to go about it, the ACRO Police Certificate or the DBS Checks (basic, standard, enhanced). I was already able to apply for a Basic DBS check with no problem and waiting for the certificate to come back. Does anyone know whether they would be happy with that? I know they can be slow to turn things around so trying to be a bit pro-active.

Thanks,

Advertisement