Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agent

Options
  • 06-05-2022 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

So there was land for sale not to far from me, as i am in process bidding on a different lot the opposite direction i wanted to judge the value to see bang for my buck. I knew there was 220k on this 35 acres a couple months ago but the owner wont sell for that. So when I rang the estate agent he wanted 400k. absolute crazy money not in a million years, eventually came down to saying there was bid for 270k on it. Again I'm abit sceptical as this 35 acres is surrounded by 1 farmer land. so wont be too many outside interest I would feel and considering its not prime land as rushes up to my waist high. So today i created an email and just sent in on daft how much for if any bid was on this land. he came back to me with 255k as the current bid. While on the phone there was a bid last week of 270k. TBH i dont think there's anymore than 220k on it. but worst of all i be tempted at the 230kish, but just couldnt be bother looking further into it. So moral of the story the myth they say about estate agent creating fake bids is still true in todays world.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Estate agents are scum

I don't have much more to say than that. I've seen enough of what they get up to. Money for jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,787 ✭✭✭893bet

Put a bit of 230 in if that what you think it’s worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Tileman

If your interested put in a bid with a time limit if acceptance to stop all the nonsense. Offer 230 but your bid withdraws in 7 days etc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Hire that estate agent if you're ever selling land.

Advertisement