Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whatever Happened to Tony McNamara, aka Tony Mac, from Dublin Pirates

• 05-05-2022 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭

I posted this question before in a different context in another thread a few years ago. I heard Tony McNamara on Sunset FM, when it was gone all dance, although I learnt that he was there from its early days as an album station and stayed with Sunset right until the end. Nobody else spent so long as a presenter on Sunset (1991 to 1994). I also heard him one Sunday as a guest presenter on Coast FM. He was in conversation with Pete Reed (Simon Maher) and I got the impression at the time from something that was said that he must have been on Radio Dublin previously. To be fair this must have been 1993 or 1994 so memory is hazy! Tony went on to Pulse FM in 1995. At some stage, he got involved in Freedom FM and was definitely there in 2000. That's the last I know about his radio experience. Were there other stations, but, more to the point, whatever happened to him after them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Once Freedom closed he pretty much gave up the radio thing and slipped into Suburbia. He made a couple of appearances on Tallaght FM when it was on then that was it till 2 years ago when he cropped up once or twice on Pirate FM when they tried a few live shows. Since then he does a few shows on https://decadesradioireland.com but trust me, it's not worth your ears listening to him anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Good old Phil, legend of his own making!

Advertisement