Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aggressive Neighbour's dog

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vittu

I meant to build the block wall at the back of your house so at least if the child is outside in the back garden it is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭893bet

This. Secure your fence properly as you can’t rely on them. And it’s in your interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Sammy96

It is secure but I cannot secure the front. Therefore I am going down the route of the Warden, Gardai and speaking to my solicitor this week. Taking no chances with my baby and j have zero concerns now for my crazy selfish neighbours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,433 ✭✭✭TheChizler

You say the dog has attacked other dogs and people, what happened and what was the outcome there? If there were injuries the warden could get involved from that perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Take videos of the dog's behaviour. Include them in an e-mail to the Dog Warden and follow up with a phone call. Also, give the Warden the EIRcode of the aggressive dog's house. The Warden can visit the home and talk to the owner about it, and then should get back to you about it. Follow up if they don't.

The Warden can't take the dog right away, but you need to build a case against the owner with the Warden. If you don't get satisfaction in this round, you can swear out a complaint in Court and the Gardai can follow up. My experience is that even scrote owners with bad dogs don't like attention from the Dog Warden and do something about it.

Here is a letter we sent to the Dog Warden last year, who visited the house in question and the dog has since not been around.

---

Dear <dog warden office>,

My wife and I walk our local area for exercise. On Sunday, 25 April, around noon, walking a local laneway, we were set upon by an aggressive dog who came at us barking and snarling. It attempted repeatedly to bite us. We fended it off with walking sticks. The dog’s owner came out to investigate but said nothing to us nor to the dog.

The dog attacked us again on the afternoon of Tuesday, 27 April. On that day, it also attempted to come around behind us to bite. We fended it off yet again, and when the owner came out I asked him if he was going to restrain or confine the dog, as the dog has free access to the lane people walk on. He made no comment, just waved a stick at the dog who ran off.

On 30 April, we walked on the main road, across the street from the house. The dog, who had been in the front yard, ran around to the laneway side and came out walking very aggressively, barking and snarling. It stalked towards me, walking stiffly while staring into my eyes. We didn’t get very close, and the owner eventually came out into the lane and brought the dog back into the house.

The owner didn’t answer my request to restrain or confine the dog. This animal is dangerous, a hazard to people and to other animals 

The house's location is

<etc>

I've attached a photo of the house and here is a link to the video <...>

Thank you,

• Advertisement
Advertisement