Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ynwa22

I accepted offer for July course and was told mid next week

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

• Registered Users Posts: 4 randomstringofnumbers

Wouldn't worry, I still haven't got mine yet

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭crazyfire999

anyone else accepted for July?

they told me there would be 34 for July btw

• Advertisement

Received my pack today

Do you get to put down a district preference at that point?

Yeah you do

Exciting stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ThinBlueLine999

is everyone still excited for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Gblue99

Some days excited other days feeling like it’s never going to happen as still waiting to go through managed stages, not sure if anyone else feels like this 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I applied for the previous campaign and took nearly a year before I was notified I had failed by 1 mark. I am now nearly 3 1/2 years into this one so the excitement has well and truly passed for me. I sure there are many others feel the same. If I do still get through managed stages and get in then great but if not, it's really not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭mse2020

The excitement wears off once you get throught the managed stages but when you get the call all of the excitement from the last 3 years comes rushing, i was an hour into my sleep after a night shift when i got the call, dont think i slept for the next 2 days i was that excited lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lifter123

hi am in 2021 campaign, I have my Pca in few two weeks I am 660-670 on merit list ( but that could be lower due to drop outs etc )

anyone else same position?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

Got the call for July today.....Notice getting handed in tomorrow!!! All moving super fast now!

what’s your Ml?

my friends was 220-230 passed everything waiting On a date I don’t think they all be running anymore classes untill next year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thehills4

I'm around that number did you attend the familiarisation

?

yeah I attend the familiarisation

Good luck… I deferred. You might have got my spot. All the best 🫡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 sydney45

<mod snip>

Post removed.

-Shield

Post edited by Shield on

• Registered Users Posts: 2 valkyrie90

Evening folks,

I’ve been a bit of a lurker here for awhile. Just wondering if anyone has been added on to the CDO merit list? Received an email on the 30th advising that I have - but, do we receive any indication of what position we are? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Anonymous4321

If it’s anything like call handler, you get informed you've made the merit list and then get your number once you upload your evidence of education & right to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 weesmurf33

There's a merit list for call handling jobs? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 16 noonanreject

Of course, there's an ML for Call Handlers. It's commonly used in most, if not all, UK civil service jobs, Health, police, fire, and educational positions. It helps manage large numbers of applications efficiently, ensuring candidates are selected based on their performance in a fair and competitive process.

Or maybe I've missed your point?!

Anyone know what the craic is with psni budget this year and how it will affect recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 weesmurf33

Fair enough. I never thought call centre work was so.popular that there was a waiting list for it…

as far as am aware they aren’t running anymore classes after this July one , probs will be next year :(

I am being optimistic they will run more classes, they look like they are gearing up for it will so many moving through managed stages. Crazy how long the process is going on and looks like it could be another year or 2 before it's completed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Anonymous4321

Hopefully they do run more intakes. Between 1st April & 1st June they lost a net 37 officers after taking on 65 student officers.

Advertisement