Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

cost of interior restoration

• 03-05-2022 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know this is a "how long is a piece of string question" but I'm looking at buying a cruiser this year and I have it down to 2 (I think) now one is quite a bit more expensive than the other. but the more expensive one is ready to go where as the other one needs work probably an engine service and the interior needs to be re lined and cleaning of the Timber work. Does any one know what the costs are approximately for re doing the insides? its a 35foot sedan? or where would I find out the costing before I buy?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Buy the ready to go 😃 there's no such thing as a cheap boat if it has been left to get into a bad state there's no telling what you will find when you start stripping it down, rotten floors and stringers will cost a fortune hardwood has gone up 80% in the last few years and marine plywood is hard to get and the price will make you cry. You will probably have a hard time finding anyone to do engine work or electrical work, if you do go down this road your best bet would be for you to learn how to fix everything on the boat yourself.

Best of luck with what ever you decide we will be here to help as best we can either way.

Advertisement